Current time: 17/05/2024, 21:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
Don't forget the Wright Crusader's that worked on the 61 to Higher Blackley they traded as 'Little Gem' during their short existence around 2012.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They may never change the operating licence. Having 2 separate brands may be enough separation for the situation. For many years a lot of people didn't realise the magic bus/stagecoach connection and that was a much higher profile operation.
Find all posts by this user
(23/01/2017 06:17)djb Wrote:  They may never change the operating licence. Having 2 separate brands may be enough separation for the situation. For many years a lot of people didn't realise the magic bus/stagecoach connection and that was a much higher profile operation.

According to one of the PSVC newsletters from tail end of last year they have already applied to change the operating and fleet name of the Goodwins classics to Little Gem bus company so I carnt see them doing that if they are not planning to switch all the bus work onto that licence.
(23/01/2017 06:11)ant17612 Wrote:  Don't forget the Wright Crusader's that worked on the 61 to Higher Blackley they traded as 'Little Gem' during their short existence around 2012.

Who could forget them lol. Yes they used the name or a similar name but here in GoGoodwins case their using the actual brand - name and livery.
(23/01/2017 12:16)Mayneway Wrote:  According to one of the PSVC newsletters from tail end of last year they have already applied to change the operating and fleet name of the Goodwins classics to Little Gem bus company so I carnt see them doing that if they are not planning to switch all the bus work onto that licence.

they've changed the name of the goodwins classic business to little gem at companies house a while back. It could be that's all they're planning to do (I don't see why they wouldn't change the o licence personally, but it's not necessary)
^ The TC didn't like High Peak calling themselves High Peak but having an O licence saying Eric Bowers Coaches Limited t/a Bowers Coaches and made them change it to Eric Bowers Coaches Limited t/a High Peak Buses.
(23/01/2017 14:46)djb Wrote:  they've changed the name of the goodwins classic business to little gem at companies house a while back. It could be that's all they're planning to do (I don't see why they wouldn't change the o licence personally, but it's not necessary)

They already have Wink read my last post they applied to the TC last year to change the operating and fleetnames on the classic licence so they are obviously going to transfer the bus ops onto that licence at some point.

They are basically splitting the business in 2. One business focusing on coaches and another on the bus and school work so if there two complete seperate business there not going to have the ops on one licence.
(23/01/2017 15:40)knutstransport Wrote:  ^ The TC didn't like High Peak calling themselves High Peak but having an O licence saying Eric Bowers Coaches Limited t/a Bowers Coaches and made them change it to Eric Bowers Coaches Limited t/a High Peak Buses.

I don't understand why Centrebus don't just change the operating licence name to high peak buses instead of still using the bowers name, having said that stagecoach Manchester have never changed the name on their licence - officially their still Greater Manchester buses South, yet when they acquired Maynes they also acquired the licence and very quicky changed the ops licence to Greater Manchester buses EAST, eventually the Maynes ops transferred to the main south licence then when they took over Firsts Wigan operation registered everything on the EAST licence but changed the name to greater Manchester buses WEST lol.
(23/01/2017 17:55)Mayneway Wrote:  They already have Wink read my last post they applied to the TC last year to change the operating and fleetnames on the classic licence so they are obviously going to transfer the bus ops onto that licence at some point.

They are basically splitting the business in 2. One business focusing on coaches and another on the bus and school work so if there two complete seperate business there not going to have the ops on one licence.

Oops my mistake , I thought the classic one was still active!
(23/01/2017 22:08)djb Wrote:  Oops my mistake , I thought the classic one was still active!

Not sure what's happening with the classic buses side of things but I would imagine that side of things would go on the Goodwins licence leaving the bus work soley on the other licence.
It is very confusing lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)