Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
It does seem odd as I thought that the MMC200s had been sold but for some reason since they re-entered service their being used on the former services that the Orion's operated and not 44s which they were on before they allegedly got withdrawn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/12/2022 06:49)M60lad Wrote:  It does seem odd as I thought that the MMC200s had been sold but for some reason since they re-entered service their being used on the former services that the Orion's operated and not 44s which they were on before they allegedly got withdrawn.

Their whole operation is odd.

The MMCs were supposed to be for the 391/392 and that was supposed to return to a full frequency once they recruited additional drivers. But they took on new TfGM contracts.

In the event they've agreed a change with TfGM to use larger vehicles on the 280 and 288, I don't understand why they aren't using a Metrocity on the 288. While the 288 doesn't need as many luggage racks as the Metrocities have, they are more useful on the 288 than on other routes.

Or an alternative reason could be the Orions are less well suited to the snow and ice, so they decided to keep them off the road in favour of the MMCs in the past week?
This week the enviro 200s have been on 391/392 duties.

The ex arriva london 1 T5GEF was out, suffice to say it's crap! Little or no heaters in the cab or the saloon. Driver was having to drive with a fleece over his legs to stay warm.

Plus uphill it struggles massively, up beech lane in macc it managed 15mph & the driver said he'd got his foot RIGHT down.

391/392 is currently going direct down the main road the way the old 393 used to run. Icy conditions through bollington/kerridge/higher poynton quoted as reasons why which I get.
(18/12/2022 13:10)33109 Wrote:  The ex arriva london 1 T5GEF was out, suffice to say it's crap!

Not sure which of their ex-Arriva London Enviros I've been on but to me they look like they haven't been touched internally with everything internally looking like an Arriva bus. A bit like the 09 reg Enviros at D&G with First Bus interiors.
T5GEF inside where they removed the rear doors they've been lazy & left the door control box still in situ????
(18/12/2022 06:49)M60lad Wrote:  It does seem odd as I thought that the MMC200s had been sold but for some reason since they re-entered service their being used on the former services that the Orion's operated and not 44s which they were on before they allegedly got withdrawn.

bustimes edits now suggest that the orions have taken the MMCs reg plates hence the 'appearance' on the 280/288 routes
So perhaps the unanswered question is who has purchased the MMCs?
Not sure of the new coach livery....half Goodwin's half Maynes
(19/12/2022 11:07)knutstransport Wrote:  So perhaps the unanswered question is who has purchased the MMCs?

Just seen a picture. All 3 MMCs are at Anslow bus and coach, in wales
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/01/2023 16:13)Michael Wrote:  Not sure of the new coach livery....half Goodwin's half Maynes

The two Caetano Levante liverys are slightly different to each other. R77WES is blue rear and red front whilst it's the opposite with WSV487 (i think)

[Image: 52347660989_5f899f3cf5_z.jpg]
R77WES Fleetwood 10.09.2022 Go Goodwins/Mayne
by Hadliegh1849, on Flickr

The two new Neoplans are in multiple shades of green livery's
[Image: 52467686842_e8793bb875_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins - GO22LOU - INDY20220903UKIndy
by Gary Mitchelhill, on Flickr

Newly acquired is YJ64 AUR a tri-axle Van-Hool Decker ex Stagecoach Western 50313, currently in citylink gold colours

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)