Current time: 29/03/2024, 01:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express UK Expansion:
RE: National Express UK Expansion:
(15/12/2021 00:39)Mrboo Wrote:  When Megabus Europe was sold to Fiexbus they were also just a contractor but it was not long before they were not running the services I don't know if stagecoach pulled out or was removed.

Stagecoach used to be a big contractor for NX before they lost routes at Rugby so ended up setting up Megabus as had the drivers.

Current bases
Rugby could run a number of routes for NX that travel down M1
Bristol North and Cwmbran Could take back the routes that NX had for SGB and edwerds
Glasgow Could do Scotland to London

Citylink could run their own coaches on Megabus to London and have base with NAT in South wales and have London bus depots.

Being a Big NX contractor does not mean your safe look at SGB and Yourbus
I do agree with you and it is possible that this will happen in due course however this may be as/when contracts come up but I can't see Edwards being overly happy about it after all of their investment.

As for Citylink, I think they may bring stuff in house. NAT seemed to like their coach trips to London with Snap so I do think that they may go for some stuff. It depends how many PSVAR coaches ComfortDelGro have and are willing to use on coach services rather than their existing work. Of course taking into account the current driver shortage as well, NAT reported they are struggling for drivers.

It will be interesting to see how ComfortDelGro run things. I guess it is a big waiting game. Perhaps the Citylink contractors will end up doing more work (Edinburgh City Lines and WCM).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)