Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
90 is now repainted (and presumably refurbished), leaving by my reckoning just 88 and 89 to do. (The latter was still out and about in silver yesterday.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/12/2015 18:24)Quackdave Wrote:  90 is now repainted (and presumably refurbished), leaving by my reckoning just 88 and 89 to do. (The latter was still out and about in silver yesterday.)

Not seen 88 about so I think its gone up to Blackburn.
Find all posts by this user
Stagecoach has often been touted as a potential purchaser of Halton. This could just be blocked by the CMA. If anything, I think a potential purchaser for Halton would be Rotala. They already have PrestonBus and Diamond Bus NW (formerly South Lancs Transport). Rotala have recently purchased OFJ Heathrow, including a former Arriva - TGM operation, and are slowly but surely expanding.
Don't really see why the cma would block it, arriva are the main big firm in and around that area and South Liverpool so it would just be fair competition.
(05/12/2015 22:10)Dentonian Wrote:  Its not so much they would ultimately block it. Its more that they would refer it simply because its Stagecoach. This would cause delays, blighting staff and costing all parties money. Although it wasn't Stagecoach involved, the delay if allowing First to buy Finglands allegedly cost EYMS a lot of money.

Wernt EYMS a little nieve in thinking the deal would simply go through?
But at the same time, the sale of the First operations in Plymouth to Stagecoach was investigated by the CMA, and only took a couple of weeks really. And it got cleared. And if the CMA said no to a purchaser of Halton, and they had to sell, nothing to then stop them competing with the new purchaser anyway.
Can someone confirm for me do Halton now have three Plaxton pointer darts? #17 #18 #19
(12/12/2015 18:50)HaltonNational Wrote:  Can someone confirm for me do Halton now have three Plaxton pointer darts? #17 #18 #19

Yep 2 8.8m MPDs (KV03 ZFX and KV03 ZFP)
and 1 10.7m (KP54 BYN) new to albellio Surrey
(12/12/2015 19:29)Lynx Wrote:  Yep 2 8.8m MPDs (KV03 ZFX and KV03 ZFP)
and 1 10.7m (KP54 BYN) new to albellio Surrey

Are these replacing withdrawn buses? If so what buses
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/12/2015 19:35)RedPanda Wrote:  Are these replacing withdrawn buses? If so what buses

The 2 MPDs replaced the Fiat minibuses on the 200. The 10.7m hasn't really replaced anything, its main staple is on the 2 and 14c.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)