Current time: 30/04/2024, 21:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(29/11/2015 02:10)Enviro400 Wrote:  Hear hear! They're in a stronger position than ever right now.

Agreed they do seem to be doing well, but does that not make them more valuable and from the councils point of view worth more??
I'm not saying the rumours are true you always get them. I've lost count the number of times I've heard Rossendale are up for sale or Transdev are poised to buy them out, its just the rumour mill doing the rounds but what I will say is that in the past I've found that very often the rumours tend to start with employee's making idle comments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Don't believe anything until its come from the horse's mouth or if you've read it on Halton Transport's or Halton Council website
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Have Halton got any new vehicles on order for 2016, and if so, what ones?
Most probally Enviro200 and Enviro300 lol with the rumours of stagecoach buying it.
More rumours about a takeover? Is there any real substance to it?
(29/11/2015 12:21)robertclark125 Wrote:  Have Halton got any new vehicles on order for 2016, and if so, what ones?

I've been told by a few different drivers that there going to be imminently replacing the Solos, some have said Solo SRs but a few newer Solos would be a improvement as the current ones are starting to look, sound and feel very tired.
Network Warrington have sold three of their 11 plate solos with three still for sale. Maybe Halton could buy them??
(29/11/2015 16:34)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Network Warrington have sold three of their 11 plate solos with three still for sale. Maybe Halton could buy them??

I thought they'd make sense at Halton considering that they wouldn't need much attention in terms of refurbishment considering that they're all immaculate and have decent destination equipment. What made me dismiss any rumour that they may buy them was the fact that they would have bought the MPDs for no more than 5,000 each which would make them buying 6 solos at 60k each quite a contrast.
(29/11/2015 15:58)Lynx Wrote:  I've been told by a few different drivers that there going to be imminently replacing the Solos, some have said Solo SRs but a few newer Solos would be a improvement as the current ones are starting to look, sound and feel very tired.

How long have they had them ex Blackpool Solo's? Surly it would have made more sense to buy new or a lot younger models than bother with older examples that there only going to get 12/18 months out of them.
(29/11/2015 18:09)Mayneway Wrote:  How long have they had them ex Blackpool Solo's? Surly it would have made more sense to buy new or a lot younger models than bother with older examples that there only going to get 12/18 months out of them.

Since Jan 2013 and they where 13 years old then. There really starting to show there age now and are way past there use by date.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)