Current time: 01/05/2024, 22:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(16/08/2014 15:06)Arriva3137 Wrote:  There is at least 7 omnicity's in the yard now.

Here is a photo taken by a former work colleague that he has mailed to me.

Manchester Airport Omincities?

Have they been fitted with registration plates yet, or are they on trade plates?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/08/2014 19:06)Dentonian Wrote:  That seems ridiculous. Apart from preservationists, who is going to buy a 28 year old high-floor bus? Many Authorities wouldn't entertain a bus like that on contracts, and it will be banned from front line work in 28 months, anyway.
Also, running costs should be borne in mind, and whilst Darts and Solos might be much cheaper to run than a modern 'decker, the cost avings between a double-decker and a heavyweight 40+ seat single-decker is marginal.

It is!
I was in one of the bus scrapyards not too long ago and there as an 03 reg London dart. Inside the bus was as new! It had urban 90 seats with the mostly red, yellow and green moquette that mistral used between 1998-2003 and it was spotless, not a single seat had a mark on, the floor wasn't peeling up, it had all it's proper fixtures, it apparently ran okay, the gearbox was fine! However because London dart's are now so widely available along with tridents, the bus was likely to be chopped up or stripped for parts with newer buses ever being disposed of by London operators.
(16/08/2014 19:59)Dentonian Wrote:  They wouldn't need to be re-registered. The Cobus' don't have conventional registrations, but that is probably because they are too wide to be allowed on public roads. Virtually all other MAplc buses have conventional plates, even if primarily used airside.

Just been informed that they ARE for service with Halton and are already registered , being previously operated by Metrobus on their Fastway network.

Photo HERE
Saw some of the new Scania Omnicity's out and about today up and down Kingsway.
(26/08/2014 18:25)GWD0595 Wrote:  Saw some of the new Scania Omnicity's out and about today up and down Kingsway.

That's good to hear.
Driver familiarisation, or at least not in service, I take it?
(26/08/2014 18:25)GWD0595 Wrote:  Saw some of the new Scania Omnicity's out and about today up and down Kingsway.

I seen one near Green Oaks too.

2948 - 2949 - 2950 - 2951 - 2952 - 2953
MX09 LXT - MX09 LXU - MX09 LXV - MX09 LXW - MX09 LXY - MX09 LXZ
(26/08/2014 19:15)Valandil Wrote:  That's good to hear.
Driver familiarisation, or at least not in service, I take it?

That's correct - display said "Not in Service", and appeared to be driver familiarisation.
Good to hear they're getting out and about.
Daul-door Scania #91 is on the 14/14A today

Widnes - 13:00ish
Liverpool - 14:00ish
Scalia 93 is on as well
Are they painted up into Halton colours chaps?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)