Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
And it spent it's afternoon on a school service - what a waste of a demonstrator.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ah seen a pic on flikr (Mark Haldon photostream) of the white MCV demo on Lime Street in Liverpool thats why I was not sure if it had gone
(10/08/2013 21:56)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(10/08/2013 19:38)E208 WBG Wrote:  is the Demo MCV Evolution still here and if so what does it normally go on?

Like the pink Bluebird Orion, The bus was only here for a day

If this is YJ62 JXW that you mean, then it was definitely around for more than one day. I saw it on two separate visits to Widnes a couple of weeks apart (I think Saturdays the 6th and 20th of July, though wouldn't swear to it). Although it clearly did make it to Liverpool (as evidenced by Mark's photo), I never saw it this end despite using the 61 and/or 14 most days, so guess it probably spent most of its time on routes other than these. I don't know exactly when it left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It must have either made two visits to Halton or was out doing something else none-service, as if it was the 6th July, I looked around Widnes on say the 9th, looking for it both in the depot, and across the service routes and it was nowhere to be seen. (Specifically before and after the school/college routes)
Here are the new timetables for services with major changes:
27: http://www3.halton.gov.uk/lgnl/policyand...020913.pdf
(Unfortunately the 26(a) and 27 are not co-ordinated timewise on the Widnes - Bancroft Road stretch, with the 26's being every hour and the 27 every half-hour).
62(a): http://www3.halton.gov.uk/lgnl/policyand...020913.pdf
(NB: Scroll down for the 62a -- very different to the current 62a! It is hard to tell the exact differences between the 62 and 62a between Arley Drive and Murdishaw since the route description for the 62 follows the old line of the route. I really hope that Halton has the sense to make 62's leaving Warrington display something like 'Widnes (then) Arley Drive' rather than just 'Arley Drive', which no Warringtonian would understand).

And the less major timetable changes:
14(a,f): http://www3.halton.gov.uk/lgnl/policyand...020913.pdf
26(a): http://www3.halton.gov.uk/lgnl/policyand...020913.pdf
61: http://www3.halton.gov.uk/lgnl/policyand...020913.pdf
Some really surprising changes here. Really didn't expect a 14F!
Thanks for the timetable changes, trial evolution was here from the 5th july to the 22nd july, thats definite saw it on the 2 quite a few occasions as well as a few 14s a 61 and several school services. Heard it also got onto the 26 one night.

Very pleased with the 14F, it's timed towards Widnes at the same time as the old 26 service from Cronton College. I assume the "F" is for Farnworth

I would imagine for the 62A "Hough Green Liverpool Rd" will be shown on buses with blinds and "Hough Green Farm 62A" would be shown on the buses with LED's, and via points, just as the 14 short and longs do.
(12/08/2013 21:13)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I would imagine for the 62A "Hough Green Liverpool Rd" will be shown on buses with blinds and "Hough Green Farm 62A" would be shown on the buses with LED's, and via points, just as the 14 short and longs do.

Thinking about it, the 64 uses this setup whenever I've seen it leaving Warrington, just displaying "Hough Green Farm 64".
It's a shame though: I reckon Halton could be missing out on passengers because of the obscure destinations shown.
As much as I dislike Arriva's style of display on the 110, cramming everywhere it goes onto the display, it is much more useful to know that a bus is going to e.g. Runcorn then Widnes then *somewhere obscure*, than just *somewhere obscure*.
(13/08/2013 06:59)Valandil Wrote:  
(12/08/2013 21:13)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I would imagine for the 62A "Hough Green Liverpool Rd" will be shown on buses with blinds and "Hough Green Farm 62A" would be shown on the buses with LED's, and via points, just as the 14 short and longs do.

Thinking about it, the 64 uses this setup whenever I've seen it leaving Warrington, just displaying "Hough Green Farm 64".
It's a shame though: I reckon Halton could be missing out on passengers because of the obscure destinations shown.
As much as I dislike Arriva's style of display on the 110, cramming everywhere it goes onto the display, it is much more useful to know that a bus is going to e.g. Runcorn then Widnes then *somewhere obscure*, than just *somewhere obscure*.
It's a bit worse when "Black Blank 64" is shown also. It's a real shame as it would get Widnes passnegers home a hell of a lot faster, if they are aware of the route

There's some differencing in programming with the ELC's however, There is at least one which tends to show just the school/college route number on it's own in the middle on the front dest, and there is at least one which shows it at the end with a black blank. (They're not set up badly by drivers either as it's the same bus, different routes, different drivers. I think #48 rings a bell for one of them).

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)