Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(13/03/2013 20:57)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  In an Ideal world I'd expand like:

17/17A St Helens to Widnes extended to Runcorn Halton Lea/Murdishaw via Castlefields
??? Warrington to Widnes via Hough Green or Farnworth (Replacing the short 14's)
82B Widnes Green Oaks to Liverpool via Hale, Speke, Aigburth, Dingle.

#73,75,76 are personal favorites quality wise, #72 is pretty good for speed too

A 17 through to Runcorn would be good but its saturated as it is, I cant see much expansion on that side of the river personally.
Some sort of expansion to Warrington would be good to see, even some sort of partnership between HBT and WBT to provide an increased frequency to Warrington.
Some sort of service like that once again would be useful but not profitable I dont think, as Merseypride demonstrated.
Agreed with 73, lovely bus and seemingly the most reliable. 74 isnt bad either. 75-78 always avoid me annoyingly, shame as they are alright!
While Im here, can anyone confirm the status of 71 and 72? Last I heard of 71 it was in the back yard and seemingly hadnt moved for a while, and I havent seen it out either, 72 has proven illusive as well!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Slightly going off topic but as we are talking route suggestions, I'm surprised that as Cronton is in St Helens Borough, that there hasn't been any attempts to link the area to St Helens by bus over the years - could be something for Halton, Arriva and Merseytravel to possibly ponder.
Another route that may be possible is between Rainhill and Warrington via Sankey - the old Crosville H2 route IIRC. I know the 61 covers a little bit of the route, but I don't think there's any service between the Stoops and Warrington, unless someone knows differently!
(15/03/2013 23:04)507022 Wrote:  Another route that may be possible is between Rainhill and Warrington via Sankey - the old Crosville H2 route IIRC. I know the 61 covers a little bit of the route, but I don't think there's any service between the Stoops and Warrington, unless someone knows differently!

This sounds awesome.
My main thought is, "If only!"

It has a bit of a resemblance to Strawberry's line 1 when it was first introduced and operated between Warrington and Saint Helens, via Bold.
(15/03/2013 23:04)507022 Wrote:  Another route that may be possible is between Rainhill and Warrington via Sankey - the old Crosville H2 route IIRC. I know the 61 covers a little bit of the route, but I don't think there's any service between the Stoops and Warrington, unless someone knows differently!

The H2 was run by Shearings after dereg (Crosvilles Warrington Depot on Sundays under Contract), was later renumbered 52. Also WBT ran a 28 between Warrington & Prescot in the late 90's/early 2000's.
(16/03/2013 08:36)Valandil Wrote:  

This sounds awesome.
My main thought is, "If only!"

It has a bit of a resemblance to Strawberry's line 1 when it was first introduced and operated between Warrington and Saint Helens, via Bold.

Line 1 was a good link between Skelmersdale, St Helens & Warrington which sadly fell apart when Strawberry had other commitments (School contracts).
(14/03/2013 21:55)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(13/03/2013 20:57)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  In an Ideal world I'd expand like:

17/17A St Helens to Widnes extended to Runcorn Halton Lea/Murdishaw via Castlefields
??? Warrington to Widnes via Hough Green or Farnworth (Replacing the short 14's)
82B Widnes Green Oaks to Liverpool via Hale, Speke, Aigburth, Dingle.

#73,75,76 are personal favorites quality wise, #72 is pretty good for speed too

A 17 through to Runcorn would be good but its saturated as it is, I cant see much expansion on that side of the river personally.
Some sort of expansion to Warrington would be good to see, even some sort of partnership between HBT and WBT to provide an increased frequency to Warrington.
Some sort of service like that once again would be useful but not profitable I dont think, as Merseypride demonstrated.
Agreed with 73, lovely bus and seemingly the most reliable. 74 isnt bad either. 75-78 always avoid me annoyingly, shame as they are alright!
While Im here, can anyone confirm the status of 71 and 72? Last I heard of 71 it was in the back yard and seemingly hadnt moved for a while, and I havent seen it out either, 72 has proven illusive as well!

Just getting back to you there about 71 and 72. Its to my understanding that 71 is deemed surpluss to requirements, but no mechanicle faults. As for 72 I sited it parked up with hazards on in a very awkward position near the round about at asda. It took my bus I was on a few minutes to navigate around it, funnily enough I was onboard 71.

Thanks for that mate, shame about 71, nice bus!!

RIP 96 - YNWA
(19/03/2013 00:32)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Thanks for that mate, shame about 71, nice bus!!

Yes a very nice bus indeed, very good for speed. On the odd occasional weekday morning she can be seen working the 2 but thats about it. Never been Haltons most reliable but still a nice bus.

(16/03/2013 10:22)St Helens Rider Wrote:  

The H2 was run by Shearings after dereg (Crosvilles Warrington Depot on Sundays under Contract), was later renumbered 52. Also WBT ran a 28 between Warrington & Prescot in the late 90's/early 2000's.

The trouble is that very few people live on the A57 between Rainhill & Sankey, so there are several miles with near zero traffic potential. Not really what any bus company wants. A similar situation applies in many other areas which have poor or non-existent bus services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)