Current time: 29/04/2024, 13:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
Thank you for the welcome! Smile

That's quite an interesting development. I always thought Halton Transport underestimated the importance of the 26. Although, if the service is to become every 20 minutes, that probably means they'll have to rely on more buses besides the #20.

I can see HT turning to their SPD's. it'd make sense considering they were being used around September time for the 26's morning and evening college journeys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Another point to note is that the 26 will be running on Saturday 29th December this year for some bizarre reason according to interior posters.

I've always wondered why there is no service (bar the 44/45) via Upton Rocks to anywhere at all infact, it's an almost brand new estate, now with a local morrisons and another shop under construction, yet still no bus service!
I wonder if Halton would ever take into account that they could create some from of circular service serving Widnes, Hough Green, Upton Rocks, Cronton village, Farnworth (for cronton college), and back to widnes?

I agree, the whole current route will probably not be every 20 minutes consisering its mainly used by a handfull of college students, and a handful of widnes market/shop goer's each trip and never short of space for a 28 seater, even in the busier periods
Youre starting to connect the dots now Reece...
SPDs were used as back up for 20, it seems now the primary back up is one of the 10.7m Darts or now and again a W or X reg SPD, but more often than not it is a smaller Dart that replaces 20.

RIP 96 - YNWA
(14/12/2012 09:46)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Youre starting to connect the dots now Reece...
SPDs were used as back up for 20, it seems now the primary back up is one of the 10.7m Darts or now and again a W or X reg SPD, but more often than not it is a smaller Dart that replaces 20.

Hahaha I tend to wonder why Halton don't run any circulars, as widnes - Warrington - Runcorn - Widnes could be seen as a possiblity of a 110/61/62/X30 merge
Today its bus #79 Smile
Some other interesting things to note about the 26, which I missed first time around:
There is a '26a' registered too: like the 14a, these could well be shorts.
The new routes will enter Merseytravel PTE.

I do like the idea of a circular, but how might it work if the service is every 20 minutes -- a 26 clockwise say every 40 minutes and a 26a anticlockwise every 40?
Having said that, the start and finish point being registered as Green Oaks does suggest something non-linear: maybe like the 62 circular on one side of town, but with a linear hourly extension?
Having a 26 service such as the 26a which only ran a shorter route of the 26 would be interesting. Maybe the shorter route would miss out West Bank, and be circular between Green Oaks and Cronton College perhaps? Then the other two services in the hour would return to the regular 26 service? Who knows!

On another note: #77 on the 17 today (which is also quite an empty service).
A comeback to the old 27 service Rainhill - Widnes maybe? a non-WCM to Cherry Sutton perhaps?
The 26 is quite an interesting service, It's probably the only service I have quite an interest is for its "unusualness" compared to their other routes operated, it just doesn't seem to "fit in".

Would this technically be the first time halton are increasing their VA in a while, providing another route doesnt drop frequency?
It did not seem so long ago there was 14/A/B/C to Runcorn, the 27, 61'A's, the 801 and the 203
Halton have stuck "Santa Bus" stickers on #13, and its currently on short 14s (Hough green to Green Oaks extras) with Santa himself driving!
(18/12/2012 14:16)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Halton have stuck "Santa Bus" stickers on #13, and its currently on short 14s (Hough green to Green Oaks extras) with Santa himself driving!

Wait a minute ...
You trying to tell me there are two santas? Confused
(18/12/2012 16:23)Valandil Wrote:  
(18/12/2012 14:16)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Halton have stuck "Santa Bus" stickers on #13, and its currently on short 14s (Hough green to Green Oaks extras) with Santa himself driving!

Wait a minute ...
You trying to tell me there are two santas? Confused

One Santa, 1 seasonal job in the north pole, 1 day-job at Halton Transport.

ever notice Halton Transport and Christmas never run/happen on the same day? Wink

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)