Current time: 01/05/2024, 02:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
How many school runs do halton operate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/11/2012 23:21)mr t Wrote:  How has the 14 been been running this week with its additional running time (again!). At least they are now realistic and in line with the 79C now

Still late! My morning buses haven't been as late as previously but just got one home and it was also late. I would say rush hour may be to blame but surely that would have been accounted for in the alterations?

(13/11/2012 15:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  How many school runs do halton operate?

Shedloads, absolutely loads, I always see different buses running round with what seems like random numbers starting with 6** and 7** on the front, not a clue where any of them go either!

RIP 96 - YNWA
They run the vast majority of the St Helens schools contracts including Rainford High, Cowley and Carmel College to name a few.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
They have school services listed on their website, or at least they did last time I looked.
Just checked online, they operate about 35 different school runs. How on earth are the drivers expected to remember them all lol..
I'd expect you'd learn a few of them and stick to just a few!

They still run at least one Merseytravel service route too, route 870 (Old Swan - Huyton Industrial Estate), one early morning trip Mon - Fri only (the other morning trip on this is run by HTL), I saw the Halton one this morning after it completed its run waiting just outside HTL's depot!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Most are combined in with normal service timetables, so they're probably just used to it.
(13/11/2012 21:02)sumner Wrote:  Most are combined in with normal service timetables, so they're probably just used to it.

I suspect not as many of the schools services start/finish well away from their scheduled route network.
That's true but somehow they interwork, I know my school bus last year in St Helens came off one of the Liverpool services.
(13/11/2012 21:05)DVL418 Wrote:  
(13/11/2012 21:02)sumner Wrote:  Most are combined in with normal service timetables, so they're probably just used to it.

I suspect not as many of the schools services start/finish well away from their scheduled route network.

Around 90% of the schools are interworked.

Some of the school workings even interwork with other school buses, the PM 41 service interworks with the 708 IICR

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)