Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(14/09/2012 15:06)Valandil Wrote:  Incidentally, I've just looked through some of the 3 college services which go through Penketh, and the 47 only has 18 minutes to go Widnes Town Hall -> Cronton Campus -> Penketh. That's really not a lot! You probably couldn't do Cronton campus -> Penketh in a car in 10 minutes at that time!

The Halton Transport map still hasn't been updated to show the 17, but the recent & forthcoming service changes page has now been amended.

Its why the 47 and 48 are late every single day, they usually get to Cronton at 8.55-9.10 am.
The college is aware of this and has contacted Halton Transport about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/09/2012 14:33)Valandil Wrote:  Hmm, the times work really well for going 17(a) -> 14a (looots of layover), but not 14a -> 17(a), so might there be something else in the mix too? Big Grin
I would suggest 17(a) -> 14a (short) -> 14 (short) -> 17(a), but the layover times just seem too long to be true/efficient.

(One 14a per hour comes into Vicarage Road at 42 past, with the 17 departing at 40 and the 17a departing at 14 past).

It might be a case of doing 2 or 3 14A shorts to Hough Green and back and then a 17/17A?

Not too sure but at 11am #1 was in the 14A, around 1pm was on a 17, and around 2.30 was on a 14A again.
Schools 43 interworks off a 14A.

RIP 96 - YNWA
(14/09/2012 16:14)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It might be a case of doing 2 or 3 14A shorts to Hough Green and back and then a 17/17A?

Not too sure but at 11am #1 was in the 14A, around 1pm was on a 17, and around 2.30 was on a 14A again.

I reckon it probably went 14a(1104-1142) -> 14(1151-1223) -> 17-17a(1240-1346).
#78 broke down on Childwall Fiveways on the 44 (am)

Luckily on my day off! Not very reliable these school buses, think this is the 3rd school brakedown in 2 weeks that i've personally seen!
(17/09/2012 07:57)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  #78 broke down on Childwall Fiveways on the 44 (am)

Luckily on my day off! Not very reliable these school buses, think this is the 3rd school brakedown in 2 weeks that i've personally seen!

It's still there as of now (10am) Fitter on his phone in the cab.
they have bern laid up for a bit though havent they and newt been done to them i guess before they gone back out.
Good point MM, but the older SPDs have always been a bit unreliable, in fact I can remember numerous occasions when Ive seen 78 broken down.
Im sure Riverside won't be happy if students arent turning up because of a bus breakung down!
On the other hand, the V reg Darts seem to be doing very well, excellent machines which feel pretty solid and rather fast, worth a ride if anyone ever gets the chance!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Reason it was there for so long was the jack wagon was attending a broken down myllenium on the 61 in Liverpool City Centre
#3 on the 26

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)