Current time: 03/05/2024, 23:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
I wonder why
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/01/2020 20:16)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest should Halton Borough Transport disappear could Warrington's Own Buses easily take over Halton's 62 Halebank-Sandymoor/Warrington service?

Just since I wrote it on another thread, I guess it's best to respond here too - I think Warrington could fairly easily expand/extend their current 62 service if this were to happen and they deem it a good idea to do so.
(20/01/2020 20:22)johnluke Wrote:  You do need an opposition to arriva even simply selling the company for a pound as a going concern with investment clauses would be good rather than disappear altogether otherwise it means only arriva is in the area and they could do what they want..price rises cuts etc..
The work is there it just needs someone to come in and completely reshape the company..a fresh start

It's easy to say the words but the accounts speak for themselves. Halton have done what they can, stopped buying new buses, moved on to older buses and undesirable heavy weights that will have come cheap to buy but probably not so to run. They are saving on water as they get cleaned a lot less than they used to, haltons fleet used to always be immaculately presented, not so much these days.

There is really nothing left to cut back on, perhaps maintenance has been cut back on and that's why they are up in front of the TC, time will tell but having read the statements in the past 10 years or sos worth of accounts on companies House its clear the trend has been down for a long time and nothing they have tried has stopped it.

That said, there's also been a reluctance to try new things, there's sizable new estates around upton rocks, Derby Road etc that are not served by any real service, excluding the one that just goes around widnes. These areas might benefit and use a service that went to Liverpool but none exists currently.

The council is on the hook for a few quid, it's no surprise they will be having an EGM, the outcome of the date with the TC could be costly to HBC.
I have a horrible feeling that Halton Transport would go into administration within a year.
Artice now on BBC

BBC News - Halton Transport: Bus company faces collapse as losses soar
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me...e-51190580
Does anyone know the fleet numbers of the most recent additions?

PX55EGV (Former Stagecoach 34802)
GX06DXA
GX06DXB
GX06DXC

Thank you.
(21/01/2020 17:10)HaltonNational Wrote:  Does anyone know the fleet numbers of the most recent additions?

GX06DXA
GX06DXB
GX06DXC

Thank you.

GXC is 26 i believe

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just been sent this from a driver there is a meeting tonight but I heard Halton's last day is Friday then it's closed. I'm off today so only going on what I have been told. I think we won't get paid next week for this week's work but no one at Halton has confirmed it yet. In going to Runcorn tomorrow as they are taking over Halton's bus routes and think the schools are going to Warrington's own buses.
(21/01/2020 17:10)HaltonNational Wrote:  Does anyone know the fleet numbers of the most recent additions?

GX06DXA
GX06DXB
GX06DXC

Thank you.

GX06DXC done repainted and fleet Number 26 been out in Liverpool few days ago on FB. I’ve no idea DXA and DXB done repainted or not?
Stuff like this probably explains the rise in insurance costs. https://cbwmagazine.com/liverpool-driver...ss-manner/

The driver claimed he was assaulted, to be honest there's a good chance he would have been if I'd been on that bus and the scumbag drove off after that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)