Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
Why is everyone so obsessed with Halton Transport being sold?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's interesting what Halton are doing with their Liverpool evening services, with the 61A operating Halton Hospital to Widnes then changing number to 14 and continuing to Liverpool.

Timetable here:
http://home.btconnect.com/haltontranspor...1-1801.pdf
Good luck to halton transport they do have some trump card they have councillors on board being a municipal and a possible involvement in the city region involving other things
(25/08/2018 20:44)johnluke Wrote:  Good luck to halton transport they do have some trump card they have councillors on board being a municipal and a possible involvement in the city region involving other things

Despite being in the city region for several years, the benefits of the Merseytravel zone scheme [Walrus tickets and enhanced concessionary travel] are not being offered to Halton residents. I have heard this is because the council can't afford to or just won't contribute the necessary amount of transport budget money to participate.
Then look at the average age of the Halton fleet and it's way over seven years, required to be part of the future "Bus Alliance". So, as much as you might think that the city region might have a foundation on which a regional municipal operator could be built, there doesn't appear to be any political will for it to happen.
Am I right in assuming that the introduction of the evening and Sunday 61A’s is to plug the gaps left by the removal of 82A and rerouting of the X1, with the latter not operating at these times?
(26/08/2018 21:21)cfm146g Wrote:  Despite being in the city region for several years, the benefits of the Merseytravel zone scheme [Walrus tickets and enhanced concessionary travel] are not being offered to Halton residents. I have heard this is because the council can't afford to or just won't contribute the necessary amount of transport budget money to participate.
Then look at the average age of the Halton fleet and it's way over seven years, required to be part of the future "Bus Alliance". So, as much as you might think that the city region might have a foundation on which a regional municipal operator could be built, there doesn't appear to be any political will for it to happen.
All the money that halton council make from the new bridge can buy a full new fleet of buses within weeks..or have I got something wrong
(05/09/2018 22:54)johnluke Wrote:  All the money that halton council make from the new bridge can buy a full new fleet of buses within weeks..or have I got something wrong

The money from the new bridge will be paying off the costs of building it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/09/2018 06:50)T42 PVM Wrote:  The money from the new bridge will be paying off the costs of building it

Its a private company not the council
How many of the Enviro200s from Avon are Halton acquiring I think 2 of them are in service as of now
I saw one yesterday numbered 72 couldn't id the reg though

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)