Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(08/08/2018 20:05)Valandil Wrote:  I was under the impression that the evening service on route 27 was funded.
Apologies to anyone who might not care about this post either, but be aware that I also don't care about some of the things that others post (e.g. which fleet numbers are at which depot) - many of us are just interested in different aspects of the bus industry.
It would be very easy for anyone to say 'Why would anyone care about buses?' at all, and yet for whatever reason we do.

Very true
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/08/2018 23:13)mr t Wrote:  Why does anyone care?

The whole topic on this thread is currently about what pecentage of Haltons work was subsidised compared to commercial on the assumption from RSTurbo that the subsidised work props up the commercial work - so the information from Mark is very relevant. Why comment if it's of no interest to you?
We do talk about halton being taken over by arriva or stagecoach..maybe Warrington could take over it would be a good extended municipal just like Blackpool taking over fylde..any thoughts gents?
I think Halton are safe, they have just invested in more Buses (2nd Hand) and i think their network will benefit from Arriva's September Changes and Cumfybus pulling off the 139

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/08/2018 11:12)johnluke Wrote:  We do talk about halton being taken over by arriva or stagecoach..maybe Warrington could take over it would be a good extended municipal just like Blackpool taking over fylde..any thoughts gents?

Its a great idea and I have often thought the same thing but I just cant see it happening. Warringtons Own Buses are a fair bit bigger than Halton but I dont think they would be in a osition to buy them out...
(16/08/2018 14:44)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Its a great idea and I have often thought the same thing but I just cant see it happening. Warringtons Own Buses are a fair bit bigger than Halton but I dont think they would be in a osition to buy them out...

As an example
Warrington and halton
Regional transport
The reason for the takeover of Fylde by Blackpool in 1993 was more to do with the incursions by both operators into each others territories. The fact that the two areas were literally next door to each other made more sense for Blackpool, being the larger, to buy out Fylde. It's worth also noting back in the 1930s, Blackpool borough did try to buy the Fylde tramways, but the bid was rejected.
(16/08/2018 11:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think Halton are safe, they have just invested in more Buses (2nd Hand) and i think their network will benefit from Arriva's September Changes and Cumfybus pulling off the 139

How many 2nd hand buses are they buying and where are they coming from? Many thanks
(16/08/2018 22:57)johnluke Wrote:  How many 2nd hand buses are they buying and where are they coming from? Many thanks

I think about 6 and from Avon Buses (Wirral)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think all the Marshall Darts are withdrawn? Not seen any for a while now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)