Current time: 02/05/2024, 05:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
Sorry my mistake about the 75
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Halton does do quite well with weeklys and day tickets in Liverpool with people who go back and to along the 14 corridor into Liverpool who don't necessarily need to use any other route during their weekly commute. At the end of the day Haltons prices are that bit cheaper than Arriva, not by a significant margin but still slightly cheaper.
So we have established it's the journeys in and out of Liverpool that generates the biggest income...doesn't surprise me
(01/01/2017 16:49)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  For someone that lives in Widnes I'm pretty observant on Halton services and they are evidently quiet....that is in comparison with NW services

Out of interest, can you get the staff bus in from Widnes, or would you have to drive / walk / use a rival operator?
Dart 19 was in Liverpool this afternoon (2 Jan. ) on the 14A.
(02/01/2017 16:02)Valandil Wrote:  Out of interest, can you get the staff bus in from Widnes, or would you have to drive / walk / use a rival operator?

Staff bus is only available at the end of the late shift in which any driver living within the Warrington area can be dropped home.
Is there a Halton 69?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(03/01/2017 21:35)childwallblues Wrote:  Is there a Halton 69?

Not at the moment, there is more Enviros due apparently so presumably there will be in the future.
Well it seems Halton does have a 69 now as I've just seen 70 on the 62. Judging by the seating they look like more from Whitelaws but I didn't catch the reg so can't be sure.

Edit: Also just seen #68 and it appears that these 3 are the YX62 batch giving Halton a total of 8 Enviro200s from Whitelaws.
Many thanks for confirming the existence of Halton 69. I rode it yesterday morning on the 14A but failed to get the registration.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)