Current time: 25/04/2024, 22:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
(17/06/2012 19:58)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It will be quite a departure for Halton to order some double-deckers. Maybe they should work route 14 now that Arriva have upgraded similar route 79 to double-deck.

I imagine deckers don't go on the 79c, do they?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
no as runcorn depot (who run the 79C) dont have DD mate

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
They don't as the 79C is Runcorn operation whom don't have any deckers. It's the main 79, operated by Speke, that has deckers.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
A new livery Sad , Such a shame! looked nice on every bus they had from Nationals to Marshalls!

I'd rather not have Enviro 200's on my 44! Nippy #20 may be feeling its age but I've loved it scince its days on the 203 and 201!
I thought the 100th anniversary livery applied to 34 was good and could have been adopted as fleet livery - just with Halton fleetnames - would have looked very smart.
(17/06/2012 19:58)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It will be quite a departure for Halton to order some double-deckers. Maybe they should work route 14 now that Arriva have upgraded similar route 79 to double-deck.
In the absence of official confirmation, I would be surprised if they are getting new double-deckers - more likely to be second hand (ex-London ?), and quite possibly for use on schools services in the St. Helens area . Of course, like the Warrington deckers, they might also appear on some other services.
I don't see the loads on other school services but the Rainford schools cope perfectly well with the Marshalls, Sprytes and, on occasion, the Enviros. Not a huge call for deckers there in my opinion.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
bychall high also does not need deckers Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Could be to hedge their bets on Liverpool routes as they appear to be quite profitable.Deckers don't cost any more than singles to operate these days.
cost a hell of a lot more to buy tho Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)