Current time: 16/06/2024, 06:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
156464 is on the 18:14 off St Helens to Wigan North western

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/11/2016 18:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  156464 is on the 18:14 off St Helens to Wigan North western

Several DMU substitutions and cancellations today due to 319 shortage
Find all posts by this user
NAO report on GW wiring states there could be a 9 month delay in units being delayed to Northern (the first 150s are supposed to arrive in September next year) but also states DfT have not approved the revised proposal.
https://t.co/CSd5E0LtvD

If DfT accept it then it'll be a controversial decision considering the leases have been agreed and DfT said they don't intervene in deals between ROSCOs and TOCs when Chiltern secured 170s which TPE still needed or when Southern secured 170s which Scotrail still needed.
12:29 Train off St Helens Central to Wigan North western is cancelled but 319368 went through with Passengers on board!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(16/11/2016 12:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  12:29 Train off St Helens Central to Wigan North western is cancelled but 319368 went through with Passengers on board!

Ran non stop to Wigan due to late running due to awaiting traincrew.
Normal practise to get back on schedule?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(17/11/2016 08:04)childwallblues Wrote:  Normal practise to get back on schedule?

Sometimes late running services are made to terminate short, skip stations or run back empty but other times they aren't. I think it partly depends how many hours the driver has worked and how busy the lines are at the time of day.
The part i dont understand is the Train in question went through St Helens Central at the time it was due there anyway

(17/11/2016 09:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  The part i dont understand is the Train in question went through St Helens Central at the time it was due there anyway

Its Northern's control that has to make that decision , some of the decisions that some of the control centres make really do get you scratching your head in amazement sometimes.
(17/11/2016 17:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Its Northern's control that has to make that decision , some of the decisions that some of the control centres make really do get you scratching your head in amazement sometimes.

There is a contingency plan that the TOCs and Network Rail work to in such circumstances,in this one almost certainly the contingency plan states if 15 or more minutes late the train runs none stop to Wigan,ok in this instance it did pass St Helens at the time it would of stopped there anyway but had it of been held up for any further reason whilst going non stop then it would of impacted on the 1303 Wigan-Liverpool so in the bigger picture whilst it might seem to not make sense as the train passed St Helens when it would of been timed to stop there anyway it does make sense and once the train has set off from origin,ie Lime St the fact it has gone none stop to Wigan can't be altered once the train is underway
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)