Current time: 17/06/2024, 19:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(13/04/2016 14:51)wirralbus Wrote:  I did not say they was going to be , I was just following on from what St Helens Rider was saying , if there was to be a major slippage in the new units.

St Helens Rider didn't say anything about Northern retaining the Pacers if there's a delay in the delivery of the new units. He said that Northern's Class 142s/144s could be used on any other part of the railway network once they have been released if there's any stock shortages in 2018/19

In service by the end of 2017:
12 extra Class 319s

In service by the end of 2018:
49 cascaded DMUs
79 Class 195 carriages
66 Class 331 carriages

In service by the end of 2019:
61 Class 195 carriages
75 Class 331 carriages

I can't see Northern having to retain any of the Pacers longer than September 2019
Find all posts by this user
The 144s are supposed to be returned to Porterbrook in 2018. Presumably that's so if someone wants ePacers for post-2019 use Porterbrook can convert them.

Some of the GWR 150s are needed for the December 2017 changes and GWR are looking at options for releasing DMUs before EMUs can be introduced in to service, including a few short HST sets being used in lieu of Sprinters.
(13/04/2016 11:53)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Indeed, in fact it is possible that if there is a stock shortage anywhere in the country around 2018/2019, the South West could in theory end up with Northern's Pacers as a stop gap.

Ok this is what he said , neither could be construed as actually going happen , but can not seen it happening as the foreign manufacturers seem to have a better track record of getting stock delivered on time .
What I meant was in the short term in 2019, is highly possibly some other operator might have to take on the Pacers if there is a stock shortage and most likely area would be the South West especially given how timescales for electrification seem to slip quite frequently.
There is a 150 working on the Liverpool - Wigan stoppers - seen on the 1532 Liverpool - Wigan.
Most major timetable changes always happen in December , the change's if they ever happen in May are just usually timetable tinkering's.

Notice how TPX changes are all programmed for December of there respective years .
There are some small changes happening in May. An evening Manchester to Chinley service is to be terminated at Hazel Grove to free up 2 x 142s and reduce the number of 185s loaned from TPE. TPE will strengthen a South TPE service which will make an additional call at Chinley.
Since when did the Victoria - Wallgate Shorts get moved to Northwestern??

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Both 150138 and 156427 made it onto Liverpool Lime Street - Wigan North Western Line yesterday, had the 150 on the 10:25 off Thatto Heath to Wigan and i got the 156 later on in the day

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/04/2016 20:08)Dentonian Wrote:  To the layman, the transfer of franchises a fortnight ago, was seemless - notwithstanding the fact my line was without trains for 9 days anyway! The only difference being a few "Abellio"s painted out. Unfortunately, that still means late running trains and poor allocation of units. I also notice that there is no timetable change (again!) from next month, so we still have (for instance) a half hour gap in the morning peak, followed by three trains in 17 minutes, to get people into Manchester *after* 0900hrs. If there is no timetable change, does that also mean no schedules changes, so no prospect of better punctuality and matching supply with demand regarding evening peak carriages in particular?

What made you think there would be a timetable change?

SD.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)