Current time: 03/06/2024, 15:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
Lets be honest though at least the time Routemaster spent on the C84 they always ran to their full potential and all their trips actually ran even if some were late, they still ran.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A real shame. Independent companies have it hard enough as it is, without unnecessary competition from their own.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Looking at Traveline it seems Routemaster's revised registration would have seen the first two Crewe-Chester C84 and the first Chester-Crewe leaving at exactly the same time as the GHA services, with the 2/5 minute gap remaining on later services.
On VOSA

PC1118341/20 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Chester Bus Exchange given service number C84 effective from 28-May-2016.

Question is will the TC take any action for it not being run for the 8 weeks before the accepted cancellation date?
(26/03/2016 21:43)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Lets be honest though at least the time Routemaster spent on the C84 they always ran to their full potential and all their trips actually ran even if some were late, they still ran.

And traffic conditions are outside the control of the operator. Although, if punctuality is frequently a problem it suggests the operator are trying to run the services to unrealistic timings.
(04/04/2016 14:13)knutstransport Wrote:  And traffic conditions are outside the control of the operator. Although, if punctuality is frequently a problem it suggests the operator are trying to run the services to unrealistic timings.

What you will find is if the M56 / M6 is congested or closed the route of the 84 / C84 will always be very busy , at times like that even the best timetable will go up the wall , but in this case its not the traffic thats the problem but 3 into 2 doesn't go , does it .
(04/04/2016 14:11)knutstransport Wrote:  On VOSA

PC1118341/20 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Chester Bus Exchange given service number C84 effective from 28-May-2016.

Question is will the TC take any action for it not being run for the 8 weeks before the accepted cancellation date?

It's a tough one. Routemasters have obviously felt the pressure and have had their hand forced BUT its all part of running a commercial bus service, for whatever reason if it isn't a success or there is unexpected issues/compititon you still just give 8 weeks notice to pull the service.

I have heard people say in the past that having regional TC's and deputies, means that they can keep a watch on the scene and developments closly so perhaps they are aware of the issyes but I suppose it comes down to if someone actually makes a complaint and I'm sure were all aware that there's no blood loss between RM and GHA!
(04/04/2016 16:50)wirralbus Wrote:  What you will find is if the M56 / M6 is congested or closed the route of the 84 / C84 will always be very busy , at times like that even the best timetable will go up the wall , but in this case its not the traffic thats the problem but 3 into 2 doesn't go , does it .

The operator has to aim for 95% of their services to operate on time so they need to assess how often M56/M6 problems cause delays and if they cause too many delays then decide what solution is needed - an extra bus or a less frequent service.
What i was basically trying to say is that Routemaster no matter what always ran the Service with G.H.A your always debating whether it will even turn up last day of the C84 G.H.A had one bus operating so that says enough does it not.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(06/04/2016 02:31)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  What i was basically trying to say is that Routemaster no matter what always ran the Service with G.H.A your always debating whether it will even turn up last day of the C84 G.H.A had one bus operating so that says enough does it not.

I think it's pretty obvious Routemaster put 110% into making it work while it seemed to be a bit of a game for GHA but RM have pulled off a registered service early and despite the predertary actions they were up against they should have hung in there till the cancellation date.

If it was me I would have maybe kept just one bus on the C84, maybe two just to keep a presence on the corridor until the cancelation date.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)