Current time: 17/06/2024, 11:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
I see Routemaster Buses have bought Geminis LJ04 LGK and LJ04 LGG, Are they Olympian replacements or are they for the C82?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/03/2016 16:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see Routemaster Buses have bought Geminis LJ04 LGK and LJ04 LGG, Are they Olympian replacements or are they for the C82?

Routemaster have removed the reference to the C82 from their website and they say new buses will be introduced on the C84 on 2nd March (tomorrow!)
Find all posts by this user
Geminis were always due for the C84 weren't they?
Yes Geminis were always planned for C84 the Tridents were a stop-gap until they were ready, as for C82 as far as I know there was never a plan to run such a service as I've said beore Routemaster haven't got the room or the vehicles to operate such a service
I understand the intention was always x4 ex ARRIVA London, VDL DB250 / Wright Gemini via Ensign with two ex GNE Tridents brought in as cover in the short term but the likes of Olympian H116 SAO as been regularly used in preference on a decker turn prior. I'm sure the refurbished decker stock will look the part but will be a shame not to see regular Olympian turns from an enthusiast point of view.

Does anyone know if the ex Fishwicks stock is to remain for use in the fleet longer term?

It would make no sense for going on the C82. I find the comment on the GHA Photos Facebook Group from a member of GHA management about defending their teritory a little rich for the excuse for the GHA 84 operation.
I wonder if the C82 proposal was a backup plan in the event of Routemaster having the resources to run the C84 but no longer having viable loadings.
(02/03/2016 09:55)Depotosw Wrote:  I understand the intention was always x4 ex ARRIVA London, VDL DB250 / Wright Gemini via Ensign with two ex GNE Tridents brought in as cover in the short term but the likes of Olympian H116 SAO as been regularly used in preference on a decker turn prior. I'm sure the refurbished decker stock will look the part but will be a shame not to see regular Olympian turns from an enthusiast point of view.

Does anyone know if the ex Fishwicks stock is to remain for use in the fleet longer term?

It would make no sense for going on the C82. I find the comment on the GHA Photos Facebook Group from a member of GHA management about defending their teritory a little rich for the excuse for the GHA 84 operation.

Basically it would be interesting if Arriva decided to go back to the original timetable would GHA still say they would defend there territory then or would they go and roll over elsewhere . Lets hope Routemaster Buses last long enough to be interesting for all us enthusiasts.
H116 SAO broke down on the C84 on saturday (27 Feb.), due to a water leak. Despite this happening between Tarporley & Tarvin, several miles from their Nantwich base, a replacement bus appeared in under 30 mintes, and was Olympian G706TCD. Also seen on the C84 that day were H119SAO and ex-Fishwicks YJ07JWD.
On the C84 today were two ex Fishwicks, one ex Fk 29, the other I don't remember plus Gemini LJ04CGG or LGG looking superb in the Routemaster 2 tone green. GHA had three Centros out on the 84, CA07, EFC and EFD, and Arriva 4216,4477 and 4478 if anyone is interested.
That'll be LJ04LGG. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)