Current time: 02/06/2024, 12:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
If both units have their pans up it is theoretically impossible to get stuck on a neutral section. That one isn't anywhere near a signal or station so I would suspect it is another issue with the OHLE.

SD.
Find all posts by this user
Oh we are back to the old horse chestnut class 319 reliability then if both where able to take power.
(20/01/2016 15:24)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh we are back to the old horse chestnut class 319 reliability then if both where able to take power.

SD said that it was more likely to be the OHLE rather than the units on that particular occasion
(20/01/2016 15:16)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  That one isn't anywhere near a signal or station

Does having the DC Metrolink overheads as close as 220 feet away from the Chat Moss line in places affect where the neutrals are?
Not as far as I know, there are no neutrals anywhere near the Metrolink lines. Piccadilly used to have AC and DC overhead in adjoining platforms too!

SD.
At eccles where this train came to grief though there is no adjacent metrolink.

But its maybe a bit too technical for a lot of us lets hope sprinterdriver when he is next one can answer that for us all.
(21/01/2016 11:39)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Not as far as I know, there are no neutrals anywhere near the Metrolink lines. Piccadilly used to have AC and DC overhead in adjoining platforms too!

SD.

Someone once said having AC and DC lines close to each other causes lots of issues, something which I was doubtful because of how close Cornbrook Metrolink is to the Deansgate to Trafford Park line.
Looks like the curse of the 319 and Eccles again this morning , 0539 MV - LLST standing in the Eccles area.

Is there an Eccles triangle ?
(25/01/2016 06:03)wirralbus Wrote:  Looks like the curse of the 319 and Eccles again this morning , 0539 MV - LLST standing in the Eccles area.

Is there an Eccles triangle ?

You assume that it is a 319 problem but could it be OHLE or signalling?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(25/01/2016 07:55)childwallblues Wrote:  You assume that it is a 319 problem but could it be OHLE or signalling?

That service made up a lot of time between Lea Green and Edge Hill so I don't think it sounds like the train was suffering from a mechanical problem.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)