Current time: 17/06/2024, 19:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(21/05/2015 23:06)507022 Wrote:  There was a 319 at Preston last week with Thameslink on the side - not sure what that one was.

It'll be either 319366 or 319379
Find all posts by this user
Northern have had a diabolical day today! 85% PPM most cancellations were caused by no driver/guard!
Not having much luck this morning either - already one Wigan return cancelled due to lack of crew.
Looks like all rails into/out of Liverpool have been busy today. I was heading to Blackpool this morning and whilst waiting for a connection at Wigan North Western, there was an announcement that the 0915 to Liverpool (a four car diesel) had left Leyland full & standing.
I don't know whether the platforms on the City Line are capable of taking more than a 4 car 142/150 or a 4 car class 156 (not forgetting they are longer than the 142/150).
(25/05/2015 07:36)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Not having much luck this morning either - already one Wigan return cancelled due to lack of crew.

Just a quick one here The Train was in fact cancelled as it broke down in Lime Street as i asked my mate about it who is employed by Northern

On another note i feel sorry for anyone who traveled into Liverpool by Train as when i went past Lime Street early afternoon i noticed people in a que all around the Car Park and the que continued out into the street and over to where that Lift is!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The queue was because there was a one way system in place to make the flow of passengers steadier. The length was deceiving as it was moving smoothly!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Think it was the mad scramble after the Giants that made them introduce a one way queue .

The success of the giants event took Northern and the entire set up at liverpool Lime street by surprise .
Here is a YouTube vid of 319's at St Helens Central:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmjnk1l-dvE

Credit: Robbob.

I didn't realise all platforms on the Wigan - Liverpool line could take 8 cars.
a lot of people who bought return train tickets decided to catch the bus going back home due to the wait for trains as a lot of people was complaining about both buses and trains as people where asking to use there return train tickets on the bus to get back home.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)