Current time: 16/06/2024, 02:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Does anyone know what happened to 28506? I haven't seen it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Apparently its back in the yard cause it broke down...
(07/11/2014 21:06)joe_alker Wrote:  Put things into perspective: I get the 219 every Wednesday since September, first time got diesel this week, a very noisy 19101. Deja vu

Had 19101 today going to work. It wyne's very loudly when the driver takes his foot off the accelerator.
(07/11/2014 21:46)joe_alker Wrote:  Apparently its back in the yard cause it broke down...

Both of them now? They don't sound too reliable.
Not to sure what it actually comes off now but I noticed on Wednesday the 16:15 X34 to Leigh which is operated by HE with a regular driver was a diesel Enviro400 when it used to be regularly a Hybrid Enviro400 that came of 219s
(07/11/2014 22:12)Dentonian Wrote:  Admittedly, my observations are not comprehensive, but I would have said about 50:50 since early Summer. Do you catch the same working by any chance - plus you've reminded me, 19101 was the one I saw on Wednesday, as I raced for my 203 around 1600 in Picc.

Yes I do catch the same working, save for this week when I was slightly late getting into Ashton and just missed a hybrid.
(08/11/2014 00:44)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Both of them now? They don't sound too reliable.

28506 was last used at Middleton a while ago and after several breakdowns was towed back to AZ and dumped at the back of the depot, until it's appearence out in service a couple of weeks back but again failed on its first trip and was towed back.

28507 suffered engine failure a good while back and I was told it was being canablised for parts for its sister but after Joe's pic of it parked up at AZ it actually dosen't look that bad.
A variety of vehicles on the 216 today
3 Hybrid Enviro400s 12122 12123 12126-(in the morning)
And an Enviro200 36420
(08/11/2014 13:34)Dentonian Wrote:  I must admit, I don't know if there was a time limit on Green Bus Funded buses being used on the routes they were acquired for, but the tax payer contributed towards these buses (with TFGMC support) because Stagecoach built a case for the 219 to be a Hybrid route. If these buses are being routinely allocated to other routes, without 100% Hybrid allocation to 219s then it could be argued Stagecoach are defrauding the tax payer.

To me, it makes no difference what routes they are used on, it's still the same amount of diesel buses and the same amount of hybrid buses running.
(08/11/2014 13:34)Dentonian Wrote:  I must admit, I don't know if there was a time limit on Green Bus Funded buses being used on the routes they were acquired for, but the tax payer contributed towards these buses (with TFGMC support) because Stagecoach built a case for the 219 to be a Hybrid route. If these buses are being routinely allocated to other routes, without 100% Hybrid allocation to 219s then it could be argued Stagecoach are defrauding the tax payer.

It's surly going to be a regular thing though. AZ workings at weekends see more buses interworked on different services, more so on a Sunday but also on a Saturday espically when Man City are playing at home. Having said that, AZ do seem to be short of Diesel Enviro400's as I've seen Enviro200's used on 216's and 231's, there was 2 MANs on daytime 330's yesterday (very rare to see anything other than Enviro400's) and even both the Tridents have been out most of the week on 236/237's.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)