Current time: 16/06/2024, 14:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACE Travel
RE: ACE Travel
Been informed that Ace have a Volvo B10B on the way from Stafford bus centre it is for use on the 38. Another dart will be withdrawn when the B10B enters service will post more details on this bus when i receive them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/04/2014 06:15)MX12CFE Wrote:  Been informed that Ace have a Volvo B10B on the way from Stafford bus centre it is for use on the 38. Another dart will be withdrawn when the B10B enters service will post more details on this bus when i receive them.

Presume A B10BLE
(02/04/2014 14:33)Daniel Anderton Wrote:  X668LLX is broken down in maghull, presumably it was going onto the 5

Indeed it was its breakdown meant there was only one bus running the service for two hours instead of the usual two buses and prompted quite a few complaints.
I rode the 38 today as I've been wanting to do for a while during the morning rush hour.
Sadly it doesn't seem to get many fare paying loadings (usually passes or one or two people per trip), but the patronage is more than the 11 even though the service is in it's first few weeks! The only problem really is that the service is hourly between Liverpool and Belle Vale competing with a 10 minute service, and that along Bellevale Road and Halewood Road, there is now a hourly 173 removing the link for two buses to the City Centre.

I genuinely think that if the service came along before the 79 extension, it would be rolling in the money, but sadly most passengers along the route use weekly tickets, especially since the loss of the Stagecoach runnings in 2007.
An interesting thing to note is that some drivers after stopping at Bellevale Shopping Centre ("Bus station") go down Hedgefield road, whilst others go back on themselves past Bellevale Park to serve the main bus stop on Childwall Valley Road, which is not a part of the route. (Where I actually caught mine).
I have rode it few times and it does seem to be hit and miss, unfortunately seems to get sandwiched between the 79s but if there seems to be quirte a bit of chit chat by people between Belle Vale and Halewood as its the only direct service to town along Halewood Road and through Gateacre. The first time i got it was a Saturday afternoon in the first week and it was well over half full to town. Hopefully if its frequency gets increased it would do even better, as Arriva do seem to turn up in 3s consistently on the 79s so there is opportunities there. The only downside is it has to stop at stand 2 in Queen Square which loses custom as people think it just goes the same way as the 78 and cant be bothered walking from stand 1 to 2.
Dennis darts S310SHB and S311SHB have been aquired by Ace they are ex Cardiff bus they are currently being prepared for service and will be used on the 38.
Olympian P169BTV was out on the 11 yesterday. Seems to be quite a regular thing.

SD.
(07/04/2014 23:30)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Olympian P169BTV was out on the 11 yesterday. Seems to be quite a regular thing.
That was on there again today with M376 FTY (and Y858 TGH).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The M reg Olympian was on the 38s today
The ex Cardiff darts S310/11 SHB are currently being painted and will be entering service this sunday on the 81.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)