Current time: 01/06/2024, 05:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(24/06/2012 18:46)P450 SWX Wrote:  Yes but on the picture it says North west and I'm trying to figure what garage but thought might come here

Thanks anyway

The 'North West' is a big place Andrew. They arn't for Laird St, they got turned doqwn, as they're not needed.

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
Find all posts by this user
If that's the case on this QBP (it's not on the others) then Merseytravel need to remove the claims of low emissions engines from their advertising. I'd find it strange if there was no emissions standards on this QBP though.

As an aside, and in response to an earlier post, at what I assume is Euro III, the vehicles brought in by first wouldn't comply with the normal QBP emissions standards.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(30/06/2012 13:57)CX54 DKD Wrote:  If that's the case on this QBP (it's not on the others) then Merseytravel need to remove the claims of low emissions engines from their advertising. I'd find it strange if there was no emissions standards on this QBP though.

As an aside, and in response to an earlier post, at what I assume is Euro III, the vehicles brought in by first wouldn't comply with the normal QBP emissions standards.

I'm suprised that no one has clicked on the fact that they new Hybrid's will fall into emission allowence.

So do the Pulsars on behalf of Arriva which I had assumed would remain allocated into the QBP until the Hybrids arrived. Not a case of 'not clicking' at all, the Hybrids aren't here yet.

It's more First who are going to be at liberty of breaching any emissions standards in the immediate term anyway.

(30/06/2012 14:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  So do the Pulsars on behalf of Arriva which I had assumed would remain allocated into the QBP until the Hybrids arrived. Not a case of 'not clicking' at all, the Hybrids aren't here yet.

It's more First who are going to be at liberty of breaching any emissions standards in the immediate term anyway.

You know what First are like, they get a way with murder. The Pulsar's will be on the 2 (401) anyway, and so will the 14 new ones coming, the 471 - 472 will be DLA's, Enviro's and Gemini's as usual.

The QBP standard is Euro-3.

The poster is correct in that any bus may run on a QBP route, at least for now. The Wirral services have not been signed officially and hence will not from the outset contain any criteria which operators are obliged to adhere to. For example First could turn out their Olympians if they wanted to. However when they *are* signed up and in place it is a different story entirely.
Is it definitely Euro 3 and not 4 as I'm pretty sure that our Euro 3 Cadets don't comply with the 10/A QBP - it's only our Euro 4 Pulsars which do.

Looking through some old photo's of mine and came across these two 1213 & 3006 stuck at Woodside, from Feb 2010....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

CX54 - I thought it was Euro4 as well looks like Wirral is different to everywhere else unless there giving them 2/3 months so until after the olympics to sort things out
just got off 3000 on 118,usually all enviros on a Sunday

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)