Current time: 01/06/2024, 01:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
It just seems odd to hold such a small batch .

We have seen the chaos that ensues from having a small batch of anything just look at home many times 4000/1/2 have been available for service altogether admittedly 4421 and 4422 shouldnt be off the road as much.
Find all posts by this user
7635 appears to have left LS.
A Couple of DLAs at the back 4038 being one of them not sure if withdrawn or not.
4002 not seen service for a few months.
4200 is on 464s today.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(04/07/2013 15:54)YSV-205 Wrote:  Have the Enviro400's left Birkenhead depot. I didn't see ant there on Sunday 30th June? If so where have they gone to?
4421 and 4422 were both on the 411 on that Sunday.
(04/07/2013 16:25)First Class Wrote:  Enviro400 on the 464 this evening.
...alongside a Gemini!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4421 On the 432/433/437's yesterday around 2.30
(02/07/2013 09:05)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(28/06/2013 15:57)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(28/06/2013 09:22)YSV-205 Wrote:  I asked a similar question for Stagecoach Chester & Wirral & got plenty of answers. Is it possible to walk around the perimeter to write down some fleet numbers or are there fences in the way? I see a big brick wall down Plumer Street, so wont see anything on that side. Is there any access down the other side or at the back (driving or on foot). What are the chances of getting permission from the Garage Manager to go into the yard / garage to write numbers down by just turning up in a hi-viz vest?

Unfortunatly with Laird Street garage the only open side is the front entrance, behind is the railway and has high walls around each side.

As far as I know gaining access is difficult however phoning up wont hurt! Im not sure if anybody has had any luck getting in just by turning up and asking, worth a shot though i suppose!

I was in Birkenhead on Sunday morning & went into the depot & asked permission. That permission was granted by an extremely friendly chap at reception (thanks to you if you read this forum). He said that was fine to do & just asked me to stay between the pedestrian lines & not to go into the workshop / garage. There were approx 70 buses in the yard.

Don't think you should advertise this incase it gets someone in trouble
(07/07/2013 09:05)R311 WVR Wrote:  4421 On the 432/433/437's yesterday around 2.30

It was 4422 on the 432/3/7. 4421 was on 407/71/72 noted on a 407 just past 2pm however stayed out all night. 4422 was out all night also however then made it onto N23s.

I am no longer active on this forum.
CX58 EWW out on the 118/119 today

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To be honest Pulsar's are the norm for the 118/119 , in the summer months with an occasional dose of double deckers when the weather is fine and there is no rail replacement work.
Nightmare trying to over the wirral today with that Liverpool - Chester bike rude, we got the 437 and gave up by the tunnel when the nice driver advised us that it was going to take some time to get to Birkenhead with the Wallasey tunnel rammed. Buses just seemed stacked up and one idiot took exception by kicking the doors when got off because the driver never told him when he got on. He never broke the doors though.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)