Current time: 16/06/2024, 03:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(21/05/2013 21:04)mbonwick Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 20:25)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 20:16)ace Wrote:  I thought that was getting sorted with the introduction of Enviro400's?

Only one Enviro400 was being used but unfortunately more breakdowns has caused the contract to be lost!

I don't believe this for a second. As Nicholas said last time there is more to this than just simply reliability.
It is rather telling that on early versions of the takeover sheets the Arrows were to be replaced by London Tridents in summer, but later versions published before the takeover simply had the Arrows being disposed without relacement.

To me that suggests that Stagecoach had been planning to drop some contracts this summer for some time.

I work at wigan depot and its 100% true! And stagecoach are bidding for more contracts
They are not after losing any! But hey you know more than a stagecoach employee ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I have not said that I know more than you, just that I don't believe what you have said. There is a difference.
(22/05/2013 14:33)mbonwick Wrote:  I have not said that I know more than you, just that I don't believe what you have said. There is a difference.

I honestly don't think for one minute a Stagecoach employee would openly lie about something like this.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
I'm not saying he's lying at all. But I do know just how corrupted information can get between the management 'source' and frontline staff, which I'm assuming GMBusesNorth is.
(22/05/2013 09:21)gilbert Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 19:45)ace Wrote:  Actually it would appear to be congratulations to MX12EOC, as I still have 8 to go.

Now, the next challenge........ Well here's a challenge I've set myself. To travel on every single bus of any type that is currently in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet or would enter the Stagecoach Manchester fleet at any time up until the Commonwealth Games begin in July 2014.
This is a challenge I set myself last year just before the Olympics. I managed to get all but about 7 or 8 of them before the Olympics started. The ones I didn't get, I simply carried over to my next challenge, which means I now need to get those twice. This includes all reserve buses as well. They are of course the hardest to get.
Back in 2012 of course, there were just the 4 depots, Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton. Now we have Wigan and Middleton which adds to the fun.
In order to complete my challenge, all buses that are in the Manchester fleet at the start of the Commonwealth Games have to have been travelled on. The challenge also includes some buses that have now been cascaded, and any newcomers that are yet to come.
As I am using the Olympics and now the Commonwealth Games as completion points, I am calling my challenge 'Going For Gold.' Smile

How about following the old ex Manchester/Stockport 'S' and 'T' reg MAN's that have left the local fleet in the past couple of years and having a ride on them in their new locations?Wave Laugh 2
Yes good idea. Indeed some of the S reg MAN's are now in Wigan and are part of my challenge, but maybe I might take a trip to Carlisle and get a few of the ones that have left Manchester altogether. I know a few have now gone to disposal, including the unfortunate 22142, but for some of them it's a case of there's life in the old bus yet. LOL
(22/05/2013 19:01)ace Wrote:  
(22/05/2013 09:21)gilbert Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 19:45)ace Wrote:  Actually it would appear to be congratulations to MX12EOC, as I still have 8 to go.

Now, the next challenge........ Well here's a challenge I've set myself. To travel on every single bus of any type that is currently in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet or would enter the Stagecoach Manchester fleet at any time up until the Commonwealth Games begin in July 2014.
This is a challenge I set myself last year just before the Olympics. I managed to get all but about 7 or 8 of them before the Olympics started. The ones I didn't get, I simply carried over to my next challenge, which means I now need to get those twice. This includes all reserve buses as well. They are of course the hardest to get.
Back in 2012 of course, there were just the 4 depots, Hyde Road, Sharston, Stockport and Ashton. Now we have Wigan and Middleton which adds to the fun.
In order to complete my challenge, all buses that are in the Manchester fleet at the start of the Commonwealth Games have to have been travelled on. The challenge also includes some buses that have now been cascaded, and any newcomers that are yet to come.
As I am using the Olympics and now the Commonwealth Games as completion points, I am calling my challenge 'Going For Gold.' Smile

How about following the old ex Manchester/Stockport 'S' and 'T' reg MAN's that have left the local fleet in the past couple of years and having a ride on them in their new locations?Wave Laugh 2
Yes good idea. Indeed some of the S reg MAN's are now in Wigan and are part of my challenge, but maybe I might take a trip to Carlisle and get a few of the ones that have left Manchester altogether. I know a few have now gone to disposal, including the unfortunate 22142, but for some of them it's a case of there's life in the old bus yet. LOL

I saw 4 of them in Carlisle at the start of the month and went on 2 of those 4. They were doing the routes within the city. Apart from 22142,which others have gone to disposal?
(22/05/2013 20:34)gilbert Wrote:  
(22/05/2013 19:01)ace Wrote:  
(22/05/2013 09:21)gilbert Wrote:  How about following the old ex Manchester/Stockport 'S' and 'T' reg MAN's that have left the local fleet in the past couple of years and having a ride on them in their new locations?Wave Laugh 2

I saw 4 of them in Carlisle at the start of the month and went on 2 of those 4. They were doing the routes within the city. Apart from 22142,which others have gone to disposal?

Looking at the UK Fleetlist, not that many I don't think. There are a few numbers missing on T reg's, but 22123 seems to be the only other S Reg missing. Of course it might just be they never existed in the first place.
(22/05/2013 21:04)ace Wrote:  
(22/05/2013 20:34)gilbert Wrote:  
(22/05/2013 19:01)ace Wrote:  Yes good idea. Indeed some of the S reg MAN's are now in Wigan and are part of my challenge, but maybe I might take a trip to Carlisle and get a few of the ones that have left Manchester altogether. I know a few have now gone to disposal, including the unfortunate 22142, but for some of them it's a case of there's life in the old bus yet. LOL

Looking at the UK Fleetlist, not that many I don't think. There are a few numbers missing on T reg's, but 22123 seems to be the only other S Reg missing. Of course it might just be they never existed in the first place.

Never existed in first place like 22111. why I've no idea.
Because S123TRJ is defined as a personalised plate on retention by the DVLA. As such it wasn't available for general issue, so no MAN ALX300 got it. Therefore when the national fleetnumbers were retrospectively applied in 2003 based somewhat on registrations, there was nothing to take 22123.
(22/05/2013 23:40)mbonwick Wrote:  Because S123TRJ is defined as a personalised plate on retention by the DVLA. As such it wasn't available for general issue, so no MAN ALX300 got it. Therefore when the national fleetnumbers were retrospectively applied in 2003 based somewhat on registrations, there was nothing to take 22123.

Is this because of the numbers '123' in a row that it is defined as a personalised plate?

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)