Current time: 11/06/2024, 15:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
I am surprised that Merseytravel havent looked at the route of the 164/5 more since the announcement of Arriva introducing the sunday daytime 464 .

i say this due to the fact that the route of the Evening and Sunday 165 seems to be covered by the 487 between Birkenhead Bus Station / Whetstone Lane and Mayer Park roundabout (Heath Road).

This service could just end up as a Evening only 164 if Merseytravel really did need to save money .

Its just fortunate that Merseytravel havent started looking at cuts yet.
Find all posts by this user
Ive been out and about this morning, and first of all 2436.. what a brilliant bus. Probably one of the best cadets in the depot - that along with 2435 and 2438. Lovely ride, fast too and sounding healthy.

Also noted 4141 on the 464s, seems to be struggling to keep to time in the weather, noted at 0940 at Bebington station heading to New Ferry - it was the 0935 off New Ferry so a good 10/15 minutes late!

487s seem to be fully pulsar operated these days, 3004 and 3011 are on them today. I will note the other 2 later on.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
ive noticed the doors on CX58 FZZ have gone a bit dodgey, the driver has to push the open button atleast 2 or 3 times for them to open, and when they decide to open they get jammed for a few seconds and then they fly open almost hitting you, also the seats at the upstairs back are dreadful, very very dirty and have lost most of its colour. Definatley in need for a refurb

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Spotted a Gemini on 413/03 today
Saw one of the 'new' pulsars this morning on 410s with the whole off side (drivers side) headlight cluster not working - presumably wasnt plugged in properly and the plug has come out. Not the first one ive seen like that either - saw another on saturday night with the Near side ones not working - not just one bulb, the whole cluster including indicator!

A shame considering their age, just seem to be poorly built.

Had 2426 on the 419 today and cannot stress how terrible it is - very slow, suprised it made it up spital hill. On the other hand 2421 which I also had seemed ok. 3002 is in safe mode and on 487s, really struggling with a full load of school kids on it this afternoon.

Luke

That Spital Road hill from Spital Dam towards Spital Cross Roads is quite steep and will tell you whether you have a healthy vehicle , not helped because you start from a near standing start at the bottom because of the roundabout .

The road in the other direction to Bromborough is as steep but in a straight line which means you get a good run at it unless your the unlucky driver that has to stop at the stop by the Childrens Nursery.
(22/01/2013 16:43)wirralbus Wrote:  That Spital Road hill from Spital Dam towards Spital Cross Roads is quite steep and will tell you whether you have a healthy vehicle , not helped because you start from a near standing start at the bottom because of the roundabout .

The road in the other direction to Bromborough is as steep but in a straight line which means you get a good run at it unless your the unlucky driver that has to stop at the stop by the Childrens Nursery.

It is a good indication to the health of the bus as you say.. Seen many buses fly up and a few not actually make it at all over the years! A lot of the cadets struggle, but 2435/36/37/38 make it no problem. A good quad of cadets those.

Been informed that the first 10 of the new hybrids for birkenhead are now complete and that the boss of LS is over in Ireland 'inspecting' them.

Wonder if theyve fixed the overcharging problem that was mentioned yet? :P

A fair few odd workings from Birkenhead today with both 3123 and 3129 on the 432/3/7 and an unidentified Interurban Cadet on the 407/72. This was while 4000 ran the 409 and the excellent 4029 carried fresh air around on the 495. There were also a couple of Enviros out on the 407 and 464 which, although hardly rare in itself, surprised me as they have less than the 432/3/7's PVR worth of those left.

All of the available DLAs (excepting 4050 which I assume isn't back from damage repairs yet) and the three Y-ABAs were out.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
is S238 JUA still around? i havent seen that bus for a good few months now

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)