Current time: 01/06/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(10/12/2012 20:57)N301 CKB Wrote:  I've been told (and this does not mean it is 100%) that next year there will be some changes to a few services.

403/13 will be starting and finishing at Woodside again.
487 is being extended to Willaston. (not sure where it will turn round though)
409 is being extended to Moreton. (strange one due to the 403/13)

We will see what happens!

409 extension is a strange one with the 403/413 being quicker, & can't see it replacing the 106.

I do miss the 403/413 not going to Woodside, & there's a few offices around there, plus a proper layover area than the one on Borough Road.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
any extension of the 409 to Moreton would probably allow the 106 to be reintroduced on a revised route on an hourly frequency once again , there is nothing more harder to remember than a service that doesnt operate to a clockface timetable .
the 409 has to divert Seacombe Ferry,Birkenhead Road, up East Float(Birkenhead) due to the bridge under maintenance then go down Corporation road,Rendel Street,Canning Street then Woodside
2432 has been on 411 2days on the run now its a good cadet but when it stops the suspension kicks in up and down up and down i have not noticed this on any other cadets
(12/12/2012 22:06)MX12 KWB Wrote:  2432 has been on 411 2days on the run now its a good cadet but when it stops the suspension kicks in up and down up and down i have not noticed this on any other cadets

Same thing happened on one of the other Cadets i was on, on the 403/413 on Tuesday, & 2432 would have been on the 411 that day.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(12/12/2012 22:06)MX12 KWB Wrote:  2432 has been on 411 2days on the run now its a good cadet but when it stops the suspension kicks in up and down up and down i have not noticed this on any other cadets

All the Cadets raise and lower when stationary likewise so do the Pulsar's, Myllenniums and some later Mercedes minibuses and other buses too.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A lot of buses with wright low floor bodies have suspension which like to dance around when theyre stopped, some of the older geminis like to do it, firsts solars and flolines like to do it, most of arrivas DAF cadets do it too. Cant say ive noticed pulsars, newer VDL Cadets/commanders or axcess ultralows doing it though!

Just seems to be a design fault.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Although not unusual as such 2448 on the 471/472 this evening.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Though as you said R557ABA not unusual its a poor allocation for the 471/2 on a Saturday in the run up to Christmas when the vehicle is also part of a QBP , but lets not go down that line .

It (2448) is probably for a defective vehicle and that was first available vehicle .
You may have all noticed I havn't been online much, but anyway: I have some information.

The 409 extension is to compete with Imperia.

As of February the 410 could be changed. (this is a rumour) Night time services will consist of 1 410 to Clatterbridge every hour, the other to Bebington.

Another RUMOUR is going around that 2416 - 2425 (hopefully 2426 too) are leaving in January. Again this is a RUMOUR.

Take a walk on the wild side of life, life!
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)