Current time: 11/06/2024, 22:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
[Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(22/11/2012 19:06)K853 MTJ Wrote:  people high up coming out with a truly ridiculous excuse for keeping Cadets!

I'm interested in what these excuses are!

"The slight difference in shade of the interior in general improves the mental well-being of the passengers in the first two rows by as much as 1.5% over similar vehicle types" ... something like that?
Find all posts by this user
Probably because they're so f*cked and shabby (even with the refurbs) the other depots will refuse to accept them! Laugh
Apparently the depots fleet is new enough and getting newer replacements would bring the average age down too much. That is probably in relation to the size of the depot and the average age of other depots but either way its rather pitiful!

RIP 96 - YNWA
I don't think the Cadet's are particularly bad buses, but I find that the seats need better/thicker padding. They are quite hard, especially for journeys >30mins.
But at least the heating on the cadets are half decent - compared to pulsars which are hard and cold!

I am no longer active on this forum.
I've been told (and this does not mean it is 100%) that next year there will be some changes to a few services.

403/13 will be starting and finishing at Woodside again.
487 is being extended to Willaston. (not sure where it will turn round though)
409 is being extended to Moreton. (strange one due to the 403/13)

We will see what happens!
That would be good as there are so many routes that terminate at woodside as i know there was a brannd new pulsar on 409 on the weekend,487 i havent been on yet
Does anybody actually use Woodside though? Always seems to be empty, although I could see the possible benefit of having the layover

487 I can see getting split into 2 routes again eventually. The route itself hasn't changed much for a while so quite likely.

I'm not overly familiar with the 409, but how the hell would that work?!
Why they dont just extend the 487 to Hooton Station rather than Willaston , the Willaston loop will be a long circle via Hadlow Road and the Hinderton Arms .

I wonder whether the 409 is to replace part of a Merseytravel route is it he 106 im thinking about , with Merseytravel just retaining the section in New Brighton.
(10/12/2012 22:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Why they dont just extend the 487 to Hooton Station rather than Willaston , the Willaston loop will be a long circle via Hadlow Road and the Hinderton Arms .

I wonder whether the 409 is to replace part of a Merseytravel route is it he 106 im thinking about , with Merseytravel just retaining the section in New Brighton.

Yes Willaston wouldn't make sense for the 487. In fact even Hooton doesn't make sense. A lot of extra mileage for few extra fares. Perhaps West Vale/Little neston would be more sensible, but would still require an extra vehicle allocated for mainly concessionary passengers.

On a separate note there's a 12 Reg Pulsar on the 464 this morning.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)