Current time: 01/06/2024, 08:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(17/08/2012 15:16)gilbert Wrote:  A bus was on fire in Windermere earlier today, believed to be one of the Bike & Ride MAN ALX300's.
22121 apparently.

The fire was reported in the Westmorland Gazette:

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/n...indermere/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anybody know what the plans are for the 5 MAN's moved from Manchester to Carlisle last week?
I was in Keswick at lunchtime today and there was disruption on service 78 (Keswick-Seatoller).
Open-top Trident 17277 was parked up with its engine flap open and then the other open-top Trident 17217 came in at about 1215, changed drivers and went straight out again - presumably covering the 1155 departure. The next bus in, about ten minutes later was open-top Olympian 16329 which went out at 1230, presumably the 1225 departure.
Meanwhile a fitter was pouring engine oil into 17277 and looking worried at the dipstick. Eventually he took 17277 away, presumably hoping to get back to Carlisle with it.

Solo 47474 was on the 77 (Keswick-Buttermere) instead of regular 47722. 47721 was on the 77A.

Bike-and-Ride service 800 was operated by the other converted MAN 22141 which will probably now be on every day for the rest of this month after last week's problems with 22121.
(21/08/2012 14:43)gilbert Wrote:  Anybody know what the plans are for the 5 MAN's moved from Manchester to Carlisle last week?

Yes, but can't say exactly for obvious reasons. All I can say is, if you want photo's of Cumbria's 22 B10M's, get them quickly, not many will be left. Kendal's Leylands are also being withdrawn within the next couple of months, along with a number of Volvo Olympians.
How is 22121? Intensive care or scrap?
Well I've heard it is to be repaired. I've also heard that it won't require a new engine or gearbox.

All completely unsubstantiated info though.
When the B10M's get withdrawn, what is going to take there place on the 505, 508, 516 etc.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(21/08/2012 22:03)W179 SCU Wrote:  When the B10M's get withdrawn, what is going to take there place on the 505, 508, 516 etc.

I think that may be where the transferred MAN's come in by the sound of it. Smile
I think 508 is one of the few services keeping B10M's, and I've said too much.
We're only keeping 2 B10M's at Carlisle as far as I know, after all of the changes. 20904 will be Carlisle (school route 520 requires a seatbelt fitted vehicle), and one other will be Penrith's, assuming it is for 108/508 and/or the new X9, seeing as 104 is low floor and 78 has open top Trident (Solo for winter).
The 508 has a PVR of 2

Talking of 508, why is the 508/108 numbered in such a bizarre way? The 508 is simply a holiday/weekend extension to the 108, so the same number should be used throughout.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)