Current time: 02/06/2024, 03:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(05/08/2012 20:48)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:46)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:42)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Oh yes, I saw a new Highwayman timetable, and seem to recall just routes 97 and 98 are now included. So, it seems these will retain green X-reg Renowns, and routes 95 and 96 will not be dandy anymore.

The X-reg Renowns will be replaced by Scania L94UBs in September. Not sure what will happen to the Renowns however.

Well, hopefully they could go on the 17!

To be honest, they're more likely to end up on the 28/28A to replace the Prestiges on there, espeically after 4987's recent fire.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/08/2012 20:51)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:46)kuyoyo Wrote:  The X-reg Renowns will be replaced by Scania L94UBs in September. Not sure what will happen to the Renowns however.

To be honest, they're more likely to end up on the 28/28A to replace the Prestiges on there, espeically after 4987's recent fire.

Yeah, probably more likely. Anyway, we sometimes get good buses! Olympians, Loylnes, Presidents, Scanias and the Occasional 'Coaster' omnicity!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
(05/08/2012 20:46)kuyoyo Wrote:  The X-reg Renowns will be replaced by Scania L94UBs in September. Not sure what will happen to the Renowns however.

I would prefer Renowns for route 17, but I wonder if they could even replace P-reg Prestiges at Winlaton. I saw one on Toonlink on Saturday 28th July.

Pardon the pun, but the SPDs and a few other buses are Renown for having a horrible moquette!LOL
(05/08/2012 20:57)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:48)W179 SCU Wrote:  Well, hopefully they could go on the 17!

I would prefer Renowns for route 17, but I wonder if they could even replace P-reg Prestiges at Winlaton. I saw one on Toonlink on Saturday 28th July.

Pardon the pun, but the SPDs and a few other buses are Renown for having a horrible moquette!LOL

I think the 17 will have to wait a while before they get Renowns for the whole service. The P-reg Prestiges and R-FNW ones used on the 28/28A will certainly be replaced before too longer. We have to remember most of the SPDs have only recently been repainted into Northern Livery.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(05/08/2012 21:00)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:57)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(05/08/2012 20:51)kuyoyo Wrote:  To be honest, they're more likely to end up on the 28/28A to replace the Prestiges on there, espeically after 4987's recent fire.

I think the 17 will have to wait a while before they get Renowns for the whole service. The P-reg Prestiges and R-FNW ones used on the 28/28A will certainly be replaced before too longer. We have to remember most of the SPDs have only recently been repainted into Northern Livery.

They have yes, I actually don't mind 1 or 2 51/x reg SPD's but V and S. Herendous!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
NK12GCX and NK12GCZ : Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2's at Heysham tonight.
http://61reg.blogspot.co.uk/
I don't know if anyone else agrees but I think gne could of done their route 19 branding better especially saying as they just took what were already red spd's and put a sticker on them they could of at least made them either blue or white like they had been before, I think it's a shame that they've been done so badly and still think that the 17 should have a brand to it
I suggested earlier the brand name Sweet Seventeen, and North Durham Locals for routes 13, 14, 15 and 15a.
The 17 cannot be branded owing to the interworking with the 307.
If anything, the 15/15A would have their own brand (was at one point planned to be part of 'Lime' but that plan fell flat) and the 13/14 would have another brand.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Not neccessarily as they all go from Durham to Witton Gilbert then split so they could actually be part of one brand without making it look to odd. I wouldn't say the 13/14/15 go North of Durham though, its more West. The West Durham Swift name is suitable in the name itself but it can cause confusion for the X30/X31/X70/X71.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)