Current time: 15/06/2024, 12:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
(18/12/2016 22:10)Salopbus Wrote:  Big investment in Daf deckers which very rarely seemed to be out along with far more vehicles than needed for PVR might not have helped

I always find it amazing how a fleet of reliable buses at one operator, get sold, then become a fleet of unreliable vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/12/2016 11:30)Lynx Wrote:  I thought GHA registered there 84 in response to Routemaster "starting up" the C82, which of course was never actually registered.

Stephen Byrce's infamous post on a Facebook page was that GHA registered a duplicate 84 because the C84 was stealing 'their' 82 passengers by running a few minutes ahead of it between Chester and Tarvin. I'm pretty sure the C82 claim on the Routemaster website came after that infamous post.
(19/12/2016 13:08)steve517757 Wrote:  I always find it amazing how a fleet of reliable buses at one operator, get sold, then become a fleet of unreliable vehicles.

I don't know where the suggestion they were unreliable came from but if I remember rightly they were former London vehicles so were acquired in London condition from ensign so during the conversion process former Fishwicks single deckers were used until the deckers were done, once delivered the decision was taken to keep the former fishwicks vehiches to use on another venture (apparently the 82).
(19/09/2013 16:22)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  They recently bought Leyland Olympian H119 SAO and Volvo Olympian N327 NPN from Stagecoach Cumbria. Earlier this year they bought Volvo R247 NBV.

Sad end to a independent bus company loved it when they did the c84 to Crewe with the olympians and the Gemini 2
(19/12/2016 13:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Stephen Byrce's infamous post on a Facebook page was that GHA registered a duplicate 84 because the C84 was stealing 'their' 82 passengers by running a few minutes ahead of it between Chester and Tarvin. I'm pretty sure the C82 claim on the Routemaster website came after that infamous post.

Pure Gold... Final Result 0-0... Shine On.
(22/12/2016 01:01)solo Wrote:  Pure Gold... Final Result 0-0... Shine On.

In my opinion it's more like an end result Routemaster didn't reappear after the half time break but despite the opposition not being present GHA scored some own goals.

GHA also tried to imply ENCTS pass holders couldn't use Routemaster services by informing everyone they didn't have machines which could read passes, while Routemaster's parting shot was to tell passengers to use Arriva as they provide a proper bus service.
Surprised this evening to see Dart N466TPR heading up Gresty Road seemingly on the Reeseheath college working, and although I only got a brief glimpse I thought the paper legal read on hire to Routemaster buses.
(23/05/2017 20:46)mikestone Wrote:  Surprised this evening to see Dart N466TPR heading up Gresty Road seemingly on the Reeseheath college working, and although I only got a brief glimpse I thought the paper legal read on hire to Routemaster buses.

Though routemaster went tits up. I did like routemaster on the 84s to crewe
I thought that too!

D&G bought a couple of their old buses, a commander & a couple of centros.
If I remember correctly they came off the 84, then gave up the Crewe locals, which was when D&G acquired some vehicles and at a later date gave up their remaining work. I don't recall seeing any disposal of the rest of the fleet or surrender or revocation of the O licence.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)