Current time: 11/06/2024, 14:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
Thats all most veichles need is TLC as look at jim stones,his fleet is immaculate just by giving his buses constant TLC and keeping on top of everything before it esculates into something major.
Find all posts by this user
(01/01/2014 10:27)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Have to say though our fitters are pretty good and the vehicles are always maintained so maybe some TLC helps..
Their reliability issues when at Impera (the fleet in general) mainly occurred when the commercial services were timed tightly as the drivers were having to push them a bit more to stay on time. As they were being ragged (as such), the mechanics were struggling to keep on top of their (what seemed to be) endless defects. They were certainly more reliable when the timetables were relaxed as the drivers were taking it easy, thus enabling the mechanics to keep on top of things.
(01/01/2014 11:41)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Thats all most veichles need is TLC as look at jim stones,his fleet is immaculate just by giving his buses constant TLC and keeping on top of everything before it esculates into something major.
Indeed. Spending small amounts of money when needed is better than having to spend more money when the bus isn't roadworthy - surely.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Having spare vehicles normally works well too, it means vehicles can be taken off the road and have repairs done properly instead of being patched up time and time again - just look at JPTs fleet, most vehicles have bits of odd coloured bumpers and large patches of silver paneling, not to mention odd coloured doors Smile

When with Impera these Darts had good clear working destination displays so why cover them over and use cheap tacky boards in the windscreens?
There's clearly a very cheap sign maker knocking about in Warrington as both Fairbrothers and Warrington Coachways both use these stupid unclear boards in the windscreen.
(01/01/2014 13:11)Mayneway Wrote:  When with Impera these Darts had good clear working destination displays so why cover them over and use cheap tacky boards in the windscreens?
There's clearly a very cheap sign maker knocking about in Warrington as both Fairbrothers and Warrington Coachways both use these stupid unclear boards in the windscreen.

I also recall Fairway Travel using similar boards.
With regards to the four Darts received by Fairbrothers, all four destination blinds had already been sold prior to the buses being purchased...
(01/01/2014 14:31)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  With regards to the four Darts received by Fairbrothers, all four destination blinds had already been sold prior to the buses being purchased...

Now you mention it I remember reading that somewhere a few weeks ago but even so second hand LED or even Dot Matrix set ups arnt that expensive and it just looks so much better than cheap boards that no one can read properly.
(01/01/2014 16:06)Mayneway Wrote:  
(01/01/2014 14:31)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  With regards to the four Darts received by Fairbrothers, all four destination blinds had already been sold prior to the buses being purchased...

Now you mention it I remember reading that somewhere a few weeks ago but even so second hand LED or even Dot Matrix set ups arnt that expensive and it just looks so much better than cheap boards that no one can read properly.
You can get your hands on a Dot-matrix screen for as little as £200 on ebay, head on down to PVS and remove it yourself and you can probably get it even cheaper!
Yeah I certainly agree that they look better than cards in the window. Will more than likely source some soon but they have only been out in service for two weeks or so
Even just the basic wind blinds would be better than them big stupid boards that restrict drivers vision and just makes it look like a tacky little outfit where as if it was my firm id be looking. at competeing against network warrington and make my fleet look more superior as thats the first thing people see when your driving down the road is the destination.
I know people will say it costs money but unfortunatly you have to put money in to gain money back as the bus industry is running into hard times with all the cuts in fuel tax etc and is sad to see independents close down due to financial problems.
Yeah agree. Our Tridents all have roller blinds so I'm sure it won't be long until we have some proper displays fitted to our Darts. The company is certainly looking to expand at the moment well into Warrington so I guess it's a case of watch this space...
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)