Current time: 12/06/2024, 03:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Saw a sign on a Wigan bus stating that fares in Wigan area will be going up from 2 January 2017. Wigan Dayrider to go up to £3.40 and WiganRider weekly ticket going up to £12.50. The Manchester 28 day megarider/megarider Xtra will also go up to £52.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/12/2016 17:19)gilbert Wrote:  After a very very long wait at Station Rd,Cheadle Hulme for an X57 at lunch time today, 12023 arrived .First one I've had a ride on. Was good

I got on one from Wilmslow Park and I was chatting to the driver, he was 2 hours late and had missed his 250 duty.
19244 on the 168/169 for most of today. Very unusual since Sharston took over the 168/169 back in April so see magic buses on it.
(08/12/2016 21:31)acocker96 Wrote:  I got on one from Wilmslow Park and I was chatting to the driver, he was 2 hours late and had missed his 250 duty.

them flipping road works oxford road cause us mayham no one believes it last saturday I was doing the 142 night bus and even at 2:45 am i was stuck in traffic on oxford road the council are making it hell
(09/12/2016 01:21)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  them flipping road works oxford road cause us mayham no one believes it last saturday I was doing the 142 night bus and even at 2:45 am i was stuck in traffic on oxford road the council are making it hell

Gonna be even worse when they are finished with a single lane traffic another for hipster cyclists from the universities.
The council are trying to prevent you from coming into the city by anything other than public transport .

They wont be concerned about how long it takes you to get in and out.
(09/12/2016 23:14)wirralbus Wrote:  The council are trying to prevent you from coming into the city by anything other than public transport .

They wont be concerned about how long it takes you to get in and out.

Is it the council though?
The potty set up on Portland street was down to TFGM wasn't it? (And that's not a dig).
Don't forget that Manchester city council leader sir Richard lees publicly apologised earlier this year and rewarded motorists with free parking on Sundays for about 6 weeks - does that sound like they want to see off motorists in the city centre?
(09/12/2016 23:42)Mayneway Wrote:  Is it the council though?
The potty set up on Portland street was down to TFGM wasn't it? (And that's not a dig).
Don't forget that Manchester city council leader sir Richard lees publicly apologised earlier this year and rewarded motorists with free parking on Sundays for about 6 weeks - does that sound like they want to see off motorists in the city centre?
Could have potentially been a ploy to pacify drivers for a while.
(10/12/2016 01:30)acocker96 Wrote:  Could have potentially been a ploy to pacify drivers for a while.

Could be true thing is though I drive the bus and there making it harder for us to get in and out the city centre and across it on a 50 or 38 In many places the work they have done has made it so much more dangerous Once they opened Oxford rd at the MRI after the work was done there was like 3 knock downs in 1 week. Not only to mention there is no enforcement of oxford rd as of yet. So its a free for all and the lanes are so narrow Also we unable to over take each other so soon as a Magic bus stops thats it until they loaded etc then Rushomle is Hell and isnt strictly wide enough for a Bus then they add parking and that makes it even worst. Then you get to Portland st where in the last few weeks Lots of Cars have ended up in the Bus station and thats another No car zone they put the Cameras up then took them down a week later.

Something that would help improve the traffic flow in all the areas is some Requlation on the Taxis some of its them Stopping in bus stops on oxford rd . stopping to pick up in the single lane of the road works etc

They do need to rethink what they have done to the city centre as people arnt gonna use the tram or bus if we struggle to get into the city centre.

Currently when football is on well we might as well not leave the depot as we not getting anywhere on time.

Sorry sorta went on the rant there but that's from my eyes as a bus driver.
and its not bias to the bus in anyway as if they done it proper everything would Flow
(10/12/2016 16:23)Dentonian Wrote:  Actually, your "rant" covers the situation reasonably well, although I have no sympathy for the 38 as it was only introduced to fight a bus war with First, effectively at the expense of loyal passengers on Reddish Road and numerous other low car ownership corridors.

As you have inferred (sorry, Mayneway, you're "everything is TFGM's fault" is wide of the mark again), Portland Street is purely a Manchester City Council initiative. Yes, Oxford Road is largely a TFGM initiative, alongside LGB and Rochdale Road, but I can tell you from a recent meeting that I attended, that there is a lot of anger amongst front line TFGM staff at MCC's consistent refusal to enforce ANY of their own rules on either Portland Street or Oxford Road. Indeed, based on my last couple of journeys along Portland Street, there are MORE non-pcvs between Aytoun Street and Princess Street than ever.
Not quite sure how this will have a negative impact on trams though, and maybe that's where we (and certainly, wirralbus) should be looking for ulterior motives.

Incidentally, and noting you specifically mentioned MRI, when you say three knock downs in a week, what sort of "vehicles" were involved?

Refering to the Knock downs. I believe 2 was people walking out between buses and being hit by a Bus one first and one Stagecoach. the 3rd Im not sure at All about who or what it was.

Regarding the work with TFGM that clears a lot of it up and shows some light on the matter However as you have said the lack on enforcement on the areas i a big issues. There is a lot more taxis now in the area. making it harder.

Another issue was that at Portland st Bus station. Them yellow boxes once the buses start to que to come into the station you are Unable to see when you are coming out of the Garden's so we do admittedly block it.

Taxis cause some of the issues. trapping us on the boxes which we can't plan for.

The trams become blocked when the Yellow boxes become blocked which can happen. Then the trams can't move etc.

also the 38 service I do agree going to the MRI is a pointless part of the service. I have not been with stagecoach to long and there been that many route changes but these are out up at farnworth due to other reason they have now thou given us 15 mins ish at the logistics north to improve the service. The 50 service they given us more time a East disbury where they is no room to wait in the bus station there so they created another problem and far as even I can tell they not really fixed the issue.

On a whole its all just one bus P**s take.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)