Current time: 13/06/2024, 20:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Businesses going bust
RE: Businesses going bust
When passing the now closed Ethel Austin in Moreton yesterday I couldn't help but notice a simple A4 piece of paper with the words "game over" written on it in marker pen afixed to the door.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ethel Austin has been in administration that many times .

The first administration just seemed to be a downsizing exercise , but each subsequent administration made the company that much smaller till it can not be made any smaller .
Find all posts by this user
Blockbuster has just announced that more stores will be closing - 128 stores.

Meanwhile the next culprit of the economic downturn is the fashion company Republic who have gone into administration.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
(13/02/2013 12:37)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  Blockbuster has just announced that more stores will be closing - 128 stores.

Meanwhile the next culprit of the economic downturn is the fashion company Republic who have gone into administration.

I would suggest that Republic are a victim, and the culprit is Gideon Osbourne and his cronies in the city.
It seems extreme for HMV to close all Edinburgh stores. I'm sure people would be willing to make do with 1 in Princes Street or another shopping centre. Ocean Terminal is the flagship shopping centre so it is a pity that the HMV there couldn't stay open, but maybe the rent is high.
Will any HMV survive or is the name itself tarnished now and a new name will appear on the high street .

I do wonder when we will see the corner turned in the companies going into administration.

What i am surprised is that not many jewellery chains have gone into administration though , this is the market where the spare cash sort of money goes , its that money that people dont seem to be using any more .
49 Blockbuster stores mainly in London and the South East have been bought from the Administrators by Morrisons Supermarkets for there new local store format Morrisons M stores .

Morrisons expect to create about 1000 jobs as it rolls out countrywide.
A further 37 HMV stores have been earmarked for closure:

Ashford, Basildon, Bolton, Cheltenham, East Kilbride, Enfield, Folkestone, Glasgow Argyle, Gloucester, Grimsby, Hatfield Galleria, Heathrow Terminal 5 - Departure Level, Heathrow Terminal 1, Heathrow Terminal 3, Heathrow Terminal 4, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Isle of Wight, Lancaster, Leadenhall, Mansfield, Middlesbrough, Newbury, Newcastle Silverlink, Newport, Nuneaton, Redditch, Salisbury, Scarborough, Southport, Stafford, Staines, Stockport, Swindon, Taunton, Torquay and Woking.

All due to closre within the next 4 weeks.
Axminister - one of the biggest names in carpets appears to be the next victim of the economic downturn. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...03368.html

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Stand by everyone....Ethel Austin are on the way back.

Ellesmere port, New Ferry and Aintree to open in next few weeks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)