Current time: 12/06/2024, 01:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(29/05/2016 12:20)kuyoyo Wrote:  This might answer and end all speculation regarding the allocation of the in-the-process-of-delivery E400MMCs - 10578-97 are for Hyde Road followed by the ones for Ashton.

How does it end specualtion? It just adds to it.

A post on another forum by a stagecoach employee suggests that the online stagecoach employee magazine has reported that the first 31 are for AZ (216/330) then 9 for HE (250/X50) followed by 13 for ST (23/23A).
The confusing bit has been that HE have rushed the first few into service as some of their own buses are working away but this week may see the first few enter service at Ashton, but allocations shouldn't settle down until after Parklife as all the MMCs (old and new) are expected to be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not sure if it's been reported but Solo 47768 is currently at Middleton Depot and is currently out on 164s
(30/05/2016 09:45)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if it's been reported but Solo 47768 is currently at Middleton Depot and is currently out on 164s

It's been there for a good few months! It has frequently been in use on the 173 when cover for the Optare Solo SR's are needed.The 64 and 115 seem to be it's usual haunts, though it has been in use on the 112/114/118 Saturday!
(30/05/2016 09:32)Mayneway Wrote:  How does it end specualtion? It just adds to it.

A post on another forum by a stagecoach employee suggests that the online stagecoach employee magazine has reported that the first 31 are for AZ (216/330) then 9 for HE (250/X50) followed by 13 for ST (23/23A).
The confusing bit has been that HE have rushed the first few into service as some of their own buses are working away but this week may see the first few enter service at Ashton, but allocations shouldn't settle down until after Parklife as all the MMCs (old and new) are expected to be used.

As the admin of Stagecoach Enthusiasts said there

Steve Mutly (Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook Group, Admin) Wrote:if it was a case of sending them on loan to HE, why would they do that, surely they would have sent the new ones South instead?

That would have made far more sense - why send new buses on-loan to one depot to allow them to loan older stuff down south when it would have made more sense to send the new buses there? That to me seriously suggests what you've been told is incorrect and 10578-97 are indeed all for Hyde Road.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/05/2016 14:27)kuyoyo Wrote:  As the admin of Stagecoach Enthusiasts said there

That would have made far more sense - why send new buses on-loan to one depot to allow them to loan older stuff down south when it would have made more sense to send the new buses there? That to me seriously suggests what you've been told is incorrect and 10578-97 are indeed all for Hyde Road.

The new MMCs have never been to Ashton YET! And as with all new deliverys goes directly to HE for application of fleetnames/numbers and fitting of comms etc so although technically they are delivered and go straight in to reserve -on paper, they arnt technically on loan they are being used by Hyde Road before transferring to Ashton, and if reports elsewhere are correct they could appear in use at Ashton sometime this week.

There are loads of different theory's being branded about and the truth is it's a wait and see game, but as Dentionan has rightly pointed out the Stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook page is hardly the most reliable source for information.
(30/05/2016 16:07)Mayneway Wrote:  There are loads of different theory's being branded about and the truth is it's a wait and see game, but as Dentionan has rightly pointed out the Stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook page is hardly the most reliable source for information.

Well it's a darn sight more reliable than this place.....especially if you know who to ignore and who to listen to.

I'm not going to get involved in this debate as I don't know either way - but The Loop (the magazine referred to previously) is not an official Stagecoach publication, so is no more likely to be correct than anywhere else. The official Stagecoach employee mag is called On Stage.
(30/05/2016 09:20)Mayneway Wrote:  Presumably he's quoting from the PSV circle newsletter but a lot of what is reported is actually from fleetcards and we all know that what's on the fleetcards dosen't happen straight away.
I'm sure on the last day of HE operating the 168/169 back at Easter 19130 was one if the vehicles used, and given that I live and work in Tameside and see a lot of AZs workings 19130 has certainly been very elusive if it's been there for 3 months Smile

presumed wrong sir, i get this weekly email from stm direct plus working for both first and tfgm as a contractor i seen it all over ashton on 216s 347s 330s to 236s but mainly on 216
but photos also show here since early march here it is on 13/3 doing 216s https://www.flickr.com/photos/adams_busp...jKW-cCt3YW

231s 30/04 https://www.flickr.com/photos/bowmanator...KW-cCt3YW/
330s 8/5 https://www.flickr.com/photos/didsbury_v...KW-cCt3YW/

also a mmc was at ashton for 4 days for vf etc etc arr tuesday went to h.e (presumably) 8pm fri eve as i was on abs til 7.50 then walked to asda and it passed me at the asda jnct
Ashton Depot have got new MMC400 10578 out in service on 330s today
Former Manchester based 18186 (MX54LPN), has lost its top deck, after it lost an argument with a bridge in Basingstoke.
At Manchester Airport yesterday I noted Magicbus 19239 and Trident 17671 both in service on the 43.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)