Current time: 11/06/2024, 20:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Well I have heard that its actually replaced the red Volvo B7TL which is now parked bottom yard at Middleton Depot as its causing them too many problems again at the moment, also not to sure how true it is is that the 2 JPT B7TLs are moving upto Scotland not to sure when though
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/12/2014 21:58)M60lad Wrote:  Well I have heard that its actually replaced the red Volvo B7TL which is now parked bottom yard at Middleton Depot as its causing them too many problems again at the moment, also not to sure how true it is is that the 2 JPT B7TLs are moving upto Scotland not to sure when though

Yes I got told both the ex JPT B7's were moving up to Scotland in January hence why no Manchester vinyls were applied under the Stagecoach logo.
It was stressed to me though that the red one would be staying at Middleton. They've had plenty of opertunitys to get rid of the red B7 and replace it with a standard trident - the last few months being no exception with all the ex London stock at Wigan, one of them tridents would have been perfect, so I carnt see it gojng anywhere yet.

I find the decision to send the ex JPT B7's interesting, if true, as you would think priority would be replacing the elderly blue Olympians with somthing younger and low floor. I suppose though if they do go in the new year there's also the possibility of the primos moving on too Smile
The Volvo Olympians are (from what I've seen) never to be used in public service. I did fortunately get one once a while ago but it was stopped when someone came out of the depot and took it back in. I then had to wait for an MCV dart with no heating and hard suspension. Sad
(04/12/2014 17:03)Dentonian Wrote:  Are they purely for private contracts/crew shuttles, then?

By the looks of it, that and schools.
(04/12/2014 16:32)VolvoB10M Wrote:  The Volvo Olympians are (from what I've seen) never to be used in public service. I did fortunately get one once a while ago but it was stopped when someone came out of the depot and took it back in. I then had to wait for an MCV dart with no heating and hard suspension. Sad

That's been the 'official' line since late summer just like the pair of B10Ms at Stockport but they have crept out onto normal services in the past and let's be honest if their really short then there's a chance they might get used.
(04/12/2014 20:04)Dentonian Wrote:  I did see one of the B10Ms on a 192 recently, but I believe their main use now is a Derbyshire School contract. DCC presumably don't have an age restriction on such contracts.

Certainly no age limit in Derbyshire given the age of some of Smiths of Marple's vehicles.

The B10M normally works the 700 which I think is Bluecoat - Glossop
(04/12/2014 20:02)Dentonian Wrote:  Presumably Private school contracts as they two years too old for any TFGM contract.

Wigan Coachways use N reg B10M's and one F reg on school duties and even on normal public services, although they are in better condition than some other vehicles I've seen on the road. Unlike the school services stagecoach are running are these non-tendered services?
(02/12/2014 20:10)Dentonian Wrote:  I've seen 22406 a couple of times, but not recently. There has been no confirmation of 22407 entering service at ST, though. I caught it on the 112 a few months back, and it was in an awful state, so maybe it is being worked on.
Not seen 22233/4 back from Wigan, either!

22406 was on the 384 that left Stockport bus station at about 5pm today.
(04/12/2014 20:28)Dentonian Wrote:  Coincidentally, I was talking to a mate last night and he mentioned a mutual friend's kids go to Bluecoat on the bus from Gee Cross. We were trying to work out what sort of school Bluecoat was, as I'm sure its not a "state" school, and certainly the school bus services are not TFGM contracted.

It's officially a Church of England academy and like Hulme Grammer school in Oldham I believe it organises it's own school services although they do appear on the school services section of TFGMs website. I know for many years Stotts ran a lot of thier services commercially hence using elderly Metrobuses etc but I think First and Stagecoach do a lot of the work these days again commercially.
(03/12/2014 21:18)M60lad Wrote:  Interesting addition to Middleton Depot is Magicbus Trident 17578 which was used this afternoon on School Service 839, not to sure if its an addition/loan or its replaced something

Has it been painted and converted to single door operation??

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)