Current time: 12/06/2024, 01:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(16/03/2014 22:53)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Sadly 12223 easn't as of yet insured to carry passengers, so could carry anyone when it participated in the cavalcade.

I have it down as seen on Sa 7th December 2013 on the 256 route. I can't confirm if there were any passengers on it though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A bus not insured to carry passengers? Sounds like an excuse to me.

SD.
Just to clear something up according to Stagecoach rulings whenever a bus is going/coming or taking part in an event the company doesn't insure passengers to be on that vehicle so the vehicle can only be used as a static display hence why the vehicle that took part of the event at St Helens Museum yesterday wasn't allowed to be used on the bus service.

Its all down to insurance purposes in case on the very rare occasion the bus is involved in any kind of incident, if the driver was found to have been carrying passengers they could be in serious trouble.
At the end of the day it's their bus so they can dictate whatever rules they like. It is good that they let their vehicles attend and support events, so we should be thankful for that!

SD.
80022 on the 291 this morning. Real contrast to the vehicles that Bluebird had on the route before the Stagecoach takeover.
(15/03/2014 22:59)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have noticed an increase in ordinary Enviro400s on route 197, at the expense of E400Hs. I think since route 50 was Hybridised a few of the route 197 batch can be needed there instead. Indeed, I rode a 197 E400H on route 50 on 21.2.14.

Route 171 has recently started seeing ex-Bluebird stock such as MCVs. I wonder whether it has therefore been reallocated to Middleton?

I noticed 17239 as a Magic Bus yesterday, the first ex-London short Trident as far as I am aware.

A genuine surprise today was Enviro400 19222 on route X5! This is the first double-decker I have ever seen on this route.
It is very rare to see a decker on route X5 nowadays. However when Stagecoach first operated the service (before they Bluebird took over), deckers were seen on the service and I actually rode on a Spectra when they were allocated to Stockport depot.
I was in and around Stockport on Saturday afternoon and spotted at least 4 Enviro 400s out and about on 11/11A services in place of the usual Enviro 200s and another duty was being covered as usual these days with a ALX300 MAN.

As for the X5 a couple of weeks ago I spotted a decker on X5s so it does happen more regular than you think
(18/03/2014 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  I was in and around Stockport on Saturday afternoon and spotted at least 4 Enviro 400s out and about on 11/11A services in place of the usual Enviro 200s and another duty was being covered as usual these days with a ALX300 MAN.

As for the X5 a couple of weeks ago I spotted a decker on X5s so it does happen more regular than you think

I saw 19636 on the 312 in Heald Green on Saturday.
It's taken them a while, but Stagecoach Manchester have finally embraced the world of Twitter. They can be found @StagecoachGM and will cover the Manchester and Wigan areas.
(18/03/2014 16:46)gilbert Wrote:  I saw 19636 on the 312 in Heald Green on Saturday.

Is there any route in Stockport that deckers DON'T go on these days?

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)