Current time: 18/06/2024, 22:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
Arrived Bidston around 23.50, then ran empty to Chester via Wrexham
Find all posts by this user
UB40 concert - its the second item if you google Wrexham. There were also specials to Shrewsbury and Holyhead. What makes you say it ran non-stop - the schedule suggests it didn't gain any time?
;
On a separate subject the hauled set failed earlier in the day and the 19.46 Llandudno-Crewe at least was covered by 175006 which then worked a special from Crewe to Manchester in place of the 15.08 from Milford Haven which failed at Pontypool Road. For quite a long time the special was shown leaving from "-" at Crewe. Quite where else other than 6 it could have gone is a mystery!
Would advise anyone travelling tomorrow in the Chester/Crewe/North Wales area to check Twitter. ATW are cancelling services and running them dead to Cardiff to boost the capacity for the Champions League Final BUT both WAG sets are doing nothing with the usual nonsense crewing issue excuse given!

After spending the last few years in customer service work, personally I find this absolutely attrocious, the date and venue was confirmed months ago and they make these plans within a couple of days giving barely any notice!!!

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Special events have always caused problems at Cardiff , just be thankful the Champions League Final was moved from midweek to a Saturday.
(02/06/2017 07:58)ant17612 Wrote:  Would advise anyone travelling tomorrow in the Chester/Crewe/North Wales area to check Twitter. ATW are cancelling services and running them dead to Cardiff to boost the capacity for the Champions League Final BUT both WAG sets are doing nothing with the usual nonsense crewing issue excuse given!

After spending the last few years in customer service work, personally I find this absolutely attrocious, the date and venue was confirmed months ago and they make these plans within a couple of days giving barely any notice!!!

The Mersey tunnel is closed tomorrow as well, so anyone wanting to get from a Borderlands station to Liverpool will have to get a bus to Bidston, then a train to Birkenhead, then a bus to Liverpool!

With 'solutions' like this is it any wonder people wanted a devolved Wales franchise to not run any services over the border in to England?
So that would mean that they would give up all services through Hereford, Shrewsbury and Chester that they currently run. Can't see that happening.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Wales wanted a fully devolved franchise with no English influence to which DfT initially said services which enter England would have to be split or transfer to another franchise like LM.
So wales only wants Shotton to Wrexham , Holyhead and Llandudno to Shotton , that just sounds so unworkable .
I can see what they mean. A WALES franchise does operate a fair bit in England. I think in cases like the Holyhead to Cardiff, they will be ok nipping into Chester to reverse. Same with Shrewsbury where needed. They could set up a new franchise to do Llandudno - Manchester, Manchester - Cardiff, Crewe - Shrewsbury, Cheltenham Spa - Cardiff. Birmingham - Shrewsbury can be sent over to London Midland. Crewe to Shrewsbury could really be ran by Northern. Cheltenham to Cardiff can be done by GWR. Chester - Manchester via Warrington will be upped by Northern in the near future so they could just full run the line but that means Llandudno - Manchester requires a change at Chester. Other than that, I dont know how it can work. I understand Wales wants a franchise to itself like Scotland does but even Scotrail runs into England.
(06/06/2017 15:36)wirralbus Wrote:  So wales only wants Shotton to Wrexham , Holyhead and Llandudno to Shotton , that just sounds so unworkable .

If it goes Shotton To Wrexham Merseyrail Would Probably have To Run Trains Between Shotton And Bidston which Would Require an Electrification
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)