Current time: 04/06/2024, 15:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CrossCountry Trains
RE: Cross Country Trains
(26/02/2015 08:00)wirralbus Wrote:  Network Rail are hoping to have the line back in operation by April 2 between Banbury and Leamington Spa .

Think the incumbent operators then will have a big marketing campaign to get get passengers back .

Some weekend Engineering work at the southern end of the WCML has been postponed because of the land slip on the diversionary route
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/02/2015 21:37)507022 Wrote:  Some weekend Engineering work at the southern end of the WCML has been postponed because of the land slip on the diversionary route

Around Watford Junction I think , at least Network Rail have some joined up thinking going on and not closing two routes from London to Birmingham at the same time .
Network Rail advise that the line between Leamington Spa and Banbury will reopen from start of service on the 13th March.
I forgot to add this yesterday as the Cross Country thread has not been updated for some time.

Anyway, at 7.45pm last Saturday I saw a double 170 Turbostar at Stoke heading for Birmingham in lieu of a single 220 Voyager!
(31/07/2016 19:24)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I forgot to add this yesterday as the Cross Country thread has not been updated for some time.

Anyway, at 7.45pm last Saturday I saw a double 170 Turbostar at Stoke heading for Birmingham in lieu of a single 220 Voyager!

Unusual but not the first time.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
170112 was noted yesterday operating as a three car unit with trailer 55110 from 170110 inside.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I'll be taking a Cross country train from Birmingham to Exeter on Monday 24th and another from Exeter back to Manchester on the 31st, what train can I expect? I believe it maybe a Voyager or a Turbostar? I don't know as much about trains as I do buses do so I haven't a clue really.
The Birmingham - Exeter stretch could be either a Voyager or High Speed Train (carriages hauled by high speed loos). Coming back to Manchester will definitely be a Voyager.
(21/07/2017 20:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The Birmingham - Exeter stretch could be either a Voyager or High Speed Train (carriages hauled by high speed loos). Coming back to Manchester will definitely be a Voyager.

Thank you for that, I've been looking at the seating plans for both and I was allocated Carriage F seat 41, I can requested a plug socket window seat and only the voyager diagram matches so now I suspect it will be a voyager for the Birmingham-Exeter stretch.
RMT have called a 48 hour strike for XC train managers this weekend and further 48 hours on 23rd and 24th December and 24 hours on 27th and 31st December. The row is over working Sundays.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)