Current time: 21/05/2024, 23:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas Night Bus Services
Christmas Night Bus Services
According to the Merseytravel site there will be a number of Saturday night bus services (N10, N14, N53, N82 and N86) in the lead-up to Christmas operating from Queen Square. Both Stagecoach and Arriva have registered services but not all of the former night bus services (N5, N20, N55, N75, N79, N350 and Wirrals) will operate.

As it must be three years since the Liverpool night bus services were withdrawn, I am curious to know why there has been a change of policy. My own recollections of night bus operation between 1997-2010 in the lead-up to Christmas was that they extremely popular and well-used.

It has been suggested that Merseytravel has possibly received some funding (possibly from Liverpool City Council) to run these services for some reason. If this is the case is it because a) the city centre night life has suffered since the withdrawal of night buses or b) the problems of getting a taxi home is having an adverse effect on the whole late-night experience? Either way, unless these services are well publicised, I cannot see them being a success.

Personally, as my night bus will not run (N55) I shall have to rely on others to report how successful or otherwise this venture has been.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Christmas Night Bus Services - Barney - 06/11/2014 16:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)