Current time: 06/05/2024, 14:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What would you do to change the Wirral Bus Network?
What would you do to change the Wirral Bus Network?
In the wirral I would do a number of things to change the network. Also a question what would you do to change the network.
I HAVE LISTENED TO FEEDBACK AND THIS IS AN EDITED IDEA!!
I would change these services below:
1/1B Moreton Circulars: Withdrawn replaced by M1 & M2.
1A/1C Moreton circular: Withdrawn.
1/X1 Liverpool - Chester: I would make the frequency back to a combined 15 minute service. I would also change the X1 to return via Rock Ferry By-Pass not serving Birkenhead or New Ferry. I'd also change the terminus is Chester because its really confusing. 1: Will run from Chester Interchange only not Chester Station. X1 will run from Chester Interchange as normal but still serving the Station.
16/16A/17 Moreton - Eastham Ferry: I would make all 16 services via Peter Price Lane with 16A renumbered 16. I'd also have all services serve Poulton Lancelyn & Croft Retail Park.
22 West Kirby - Chester: Services serve Willaston every 2 hours remaining as 22. Services serve Mollington every 2 hours as 23. So basically its Willaston, no Mollington (Vise-versa)
38/38A/38B: I would change the 38 by number one. 38 service to Eastham will be renumbered 38A and no longer serve the Sandbrook Estate. 38 services to Croft Retail Park will remain via Sandbrook. This is too try to stop consistent delays along these roads & also the number of passengers in this area is quiet low. Sunday & evenings 38A services will extended from Eastham to Eastham Ferry not serving Mill Park. Services will not serve Saughall Massie. However on Sunday & evenings services will serve Sandbrook Estate.
41/42 Arrowe Park - Mill Park: I'd have these services extend beyond Mill Park to Cheshire Oaks via Ellesmere Port. But also with that reduce the service to run every 40 minutes each combining to a 20 minute service. Sunday & evening journeys will run every 90 minutes each combining to a 45 minute service.
73 Heswall - Poulton Lancelyn Circular: Extended beyond Bebington no longer serving Poulton Lancelyn to Birkenhead Bus Station (Along the old 77 service).
80/81/82 West Kirby circular: Possible increase to run hourly (80 & 82) & run half-hourly (81).
91/91A Holmlands Estate circular: I'd have 91 withdrawn. 91A will be renumbered 91 & run Monday - Saturday hourly.
106/107 Wallasey Circular: I'd have services extend beyond Liscard to Birkenhead North operating to/from there instead. Also if an increase is possible it would be 60 mins but if not it would be 2 hours each.
174 Heswall circular: Combined with 181.
175 Heswall - Irby Circular: Extend the service from Irby to Thurtaston & then West Kirby. Possible reduction however.
181 Heswall - Arrowe Park: Extended from Heswall via Lower Village to Clatterbridge via Barnston & Brimstage. Possible reduction however.
216/217 Morning circulars: Withdrawn because 418 & 492/495 run along the service.
407 West Kirby - Liverpool: Sunday & evening journeys should be introduced running every 40 minutes.
408/409 Birkenhead - Wallasey: Reinstated but runs every 60 minutes each.
410 New Brighton - Woodside/Clatterbridge: Woodside journeys extended from Birkenhead to Liverpool. Clatterbridge journeys will not serve Woodside at all.
411 New Brighton - Woodside: No ideas.
413/414 Woodside - Seacombe or New Brighton: Both journeys increased to every 20 minutes each combining to a 10 minute service. Probably wont happen because Arriva is currently struggling with staff in Birkenhead depot.
418 New Ferry - Birkenhead: Additional journeys run during the early mornings replacing the 216/217 these services will run as 218 and serve Woodchurch Estate. Rerouted via Prenton Road West then Borough Road no longer serving Storeton Road or Mount Road.
420 West Kirby - Liverpool: Return service departing at 15:30.
423 Seacombe - Liverpool: Due to the 407 Sunday being introduced there is no need to serve Town Meadow. Also a possible reduction.
432/433 New Brighton - Liverpool: No ideas but due to the amount of buses needed for others services both journeys may be reduced to run 30 minutes daily combing to a 15 minute service.
437 West Kirby - Liverpool: No longer serves Greenbank Road due to massive congestion at some times and also reliability issues.(81 & 22 remain via this are). Saturday service may have to be reduced to every 12 minutes.
464 New Ferry - Liverpool: Due to more buses needed the service may be reduced to 40 minutes to use 2 buses an hour on this service.
471/472 Liverpool - Heswall: Arriva's journeys: Frequency and route not changed. Stagecoach services: Reduced to every 40 minutes (Monday - Saturday day) & 60 minutes during the evenings & Sunday. I'd introduce a new 473 service between Liverpool & Heswall via Barnston running 40 minutes (Monday - Saturday day) & 60 minutes during the evenings & Sunday.
487 Liverpool - Neston: Rerouted to serve Clatterbridge Internal Grounds.
492/495 Birkenhead - Noctorum circular: Evenings & Sunday increased to hourly each. All services rerouted to serve Arrowe Park via Upton.
M1/M2 Moreton Circulars: New journeys replacing the current 1/1A/1B/1C services. M1 will run from Leasowe Ross Avenue via Leasowe, Curlew Way, Saughall, Moreton Cross, Leasowe Railway Station & Ross Avenue. M2 will run an opposite direction service. I have no idea for the frequency of the services. But services run Monday - Sunday daytimes with no evenings.
Tell me any ideas that you would do to improve the network in Wirral.
Should I do one for Liverpool?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What would you do to change the Wirral Bus Network? - Merseysidebusenthusiast - 07/04/2023 08:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)