Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Network ideas
RE: Greater Manchester Network ideas
Recently I have been thinking of excellent ideas that could improve the Greater Manchester bus network and what I would do if I was in charge of redoing the bus network to improve it for the greater good, not for profit making exercise.

I have just thought of how I could simiplyfrie the network and make it more accessible at the same time.

I would introduce 5 new brands category for the routes to use and I would introduce the old GM Buses route numbering system.

The Brands are
Local Runners - Colour Teal | These routes would serve estates and local areas of the main road to make sure the residents get to there final destination quickly and without stress.
TFGM Express - Black | This is the revival of GM Buses Express brand which was used for the long-distance services and routes to satiltie locations around Manchester.
Rail Connect - Yellow | Theses routes would serve Metrolink Stations, P&R and Railway Stations
Hospital to Hospital - Green | Theses routes would connect multiple hospitals together to create a better connection for staff and patients.

The colours would be used on Maps to identify the routes main purpose

The brands mentioned above are only rough ideas as I don't know 100% where is the best place to share my ideas on the future on Greater Manchester Bus Network as I have got loads of creative ideas to improve everything transport-related in Manchester.

So any advice would be gratefully appreciated and if my ideas are something you would see more on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Network ideas - Mikeonthebuses - 15/02/2021 09:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)