Current time: 06/05/2024, 23:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(16/01/2021 13:52)SF07 Wrote:  The getmethere app does need to be expanded to allow bus tickets or multi-mode tickets to be bought via mobile apps. I know the app was created as a stop-gap measure while TfGM worked on developing the smartcard and the readers at the stops for tap and go (smart card or contactless) but feel like they could have expanded the app more, particularly as in the last year, we've seen operators encouraging passengers to use contactless and m-tickets more.

I think that the SystemOne / getmethere system needs sorting full stop.

It is disappointing that they don't have annual any-bus tickets anymore (the only one they do have is the County Card which due to the reduced train services and most places shut is no useful at the moment).

Likewise they got rid of the buscard extra ticket that meant you could get bus travel with a train/tram ticket over a certain price and don't have any bus and tram season / peak tickets.

Whilst I wouldn't be happy with using an app for monthly or annual tickets (prefer to have a paper-based receipt should there be an technical issue), for a weekly ticket it could theoretically be wiped off or refunded - like how when I bought a getmethere weekly the driver put a Stagecoach ticket on it instead.

One of the advantage of the SystemOne tickets is that it does have photo ID that links to the number on the ticket. Whilst it potentially adds a little extra work for drivers when selling tickets or processing passengers, it was theorectically more secure than getmethere.

In my experience with PayPoint, I have had issues with convience stores refusing to process card payments (saying that they are losing money from the transaction) that during this pandemic I have solely been buying the £70 4-weekly tickets from Travelshops.
I have heard that you can load mulitple tickets on the ticket for one to follow another, but as I have two cards anyway I just alternate between the two.

Unfortunately those that do depend on buying weekly tickets may not be close to a PayPoint/Travelshop to buy it in advance and may not have the ability/need to buy longer length tickets. By forcing cash only it risks the passengers not getting their 50p refund from £20 and potentially getting charged at their nearest cash machine.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - dounowhoiam - 16/01/2021 21:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)