Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(15/01/2021 11:37)L401CJF Wrote:  As a driver albeit Merseyside not Gm, its not my job to check names on cards, read dates on passes, or tackle fraud. We are told not to confront passengers and that its the job of inspectors to tackle fare evasion, and anything else gets handled by the police. We have the option to put in a travelsafe report if we suspect fare evasion, fraud etc, but can I be bothered to fill in a form on my break or after my shift? Absolutely not. I drive the bus, if the machine accepts your card/pass you travel, if it doesn't you pay or get off - but I'm not going to argue over it. If you have a paper ticket, I don't care what it says on it, thats for the revenue to tackle not me.

No driver in their right mind would bother getting involved with a known group of criminals, and neither should they be expected to. We are paid to sell tickets and drive , not to work as police officers.

Spot on. Exactly the same in GM. My job is to drive a bus safely from A to B not worry that someone might be paying fraudulently or using their mates card etc. The comments above are written by a non driver who has no idea how hard the job actually is!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment - Mayneway - 15/01/2021 12:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)