Current time: 02/05/2024, 06:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva network following takeover of MTL (April 2000)
RE: Arriva network following takeover of MTL (April 2000)
I'm not sure if it appeared before or after MTL took over Liverbus but that 8D was around evenings/Sunday's only from at least the mid/late '90's. I think the 8D may have began in 1996 after the takeover perhaps as the Huyton - Liverpool links needed extra capacity back then and/or MTL might have had mileage agreement with GL hence the 8D, also Liverbus may not have had the allocation or drivers to simply up the 210's which might have seemed a simpler solution.

Didn't GL also used to run a daytime Sunday/Bank Holiday's 10D to Longview too around that period, I think that was due to the Endurance's on the 10A's being rammed with standing loads back then?

It was always interesting that the Arriva takeover pretty much finished off the old Liverbus services which MTL near enough left untouched for years after the takeover. Also interesting that ex-GL routes to Huyton like the 6/40 (7), 8/9, 75 (15) etc. all moved to Wilson Road and GL only had a handful of services, mostly inherited from GM like the 12/13, 14, 18A & 26/27 after the Arriva takeover moved a lot of GL routes to other garages. I always wonder if the electricity facility at Green Lane (which could be expensive/difficult) could be moved whether that whole area could be redeveloped and perhaps that may have been mooted around that time hence Arriva considering leaving GL?

Hard to think of that happening now as GL seems very secure these days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva network following takeover of MTL (April 2000) - Gillmoss 0324 - 24/08/2020 18:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)