Current time: 19/05/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables
RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables
(14/12/2020 01:42)N271CKB Wrote:  Looking through this, as a side note to the service levels, couldn't help but feel a little sad when you look how few bus operators there are now, I remember when that list at the start of the booklet used used to fill 2 pages
Don't forget that at least 1 or 2 trips used to come from over the border tenders like TFGM had the 360 to Newton and Lancashire has the 315 tender from Ormskirk to Southport. That is 2 operators which aren't on there simply because the tenders were won by operators who already are in the booklet.
I'd also ask did Merseytravel used to summarise tenders into their own column? If not, that could be one reason for some of the list shrinking (A2B, Eazibus and Peoplesbus only running tenders)
I do agree with you though that there are a lot fewer operators now compared to what there were.

I think it's a shame they didn't include Ashcrofts with Merseytravel now covering Halton (while not running much in Halton, the city region oversight does included Halton).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseyside & Halton Bus Timetables - iMarkeh - 14/12/2020 08:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)