Current time: 28/04/2024, 20:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(09/01/2021 17:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  The 18 changes has enabled the service to become an outer circular in many ways and has opened up many journey opportunities which weren't available without changes.

217/44 was a good operational efficiency from Diamond to reduce driver shunt cars. I am interested to see how it gets split as the 44 section timings look very tight for it to be standalone.

I don’t really see the 18 as an outer circular, more of a mess. It’s opened up some theoretical journey opportunities but a lot of the section beyond sale is just re-knitting of socially neccesary sections. The MCT 18 between wythenshawe and sale was finally picking up numbers even post lockdown, the rerouted section is just carrying fresh air.

The section of 18 through brooklands has had so many changes of route numbers and destinations over recent years, I’d be surprised anyone uses or would rely on it long term other than to go to sale centre or the hospital.

A true outer circle would be connecting say 409 with the 330 then the 11a, x5 or 23. Mostly radial main roads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes - djb - 09/01/2021 22:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)