Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vision Bus
Vision Bus
Was sent a photo this evening of a UK Coachways Gemini 1 with Vision Fleetnames so seems the Company has now changed names
Vision is just branding for the B7 Gemenis which will be launched in September.
Noticed a snazzy looking livery on a Wright Eclipse Gemini near Blackrod station Friday but only saw a late glimpse last minute, presume that is one of the 'Vision' liveries?
(19/08/2016 22:13)Squire of the Gate Wrote:  Noticed a snazzy looking livery on a Wright Eclipse Gemini near Blackrod station Friday but only saw a late glimpse last minute, presume that is one of the 'Vision' liveries?

Yeah, part of the branding for Bolton in sept. They have received an Enviro 200MMC Demonstrator?
Yes they have however am not sure on the reg! (I do know its a 65 reg)
(19/08/2016 14:26)Alexw12 Wrote:  Vision is just branding for the B7 Gemenis which will be launched in September.

What's the launch for exactly?
(20/08/2016 09:03)Mayneway Wrote:  What's the launch for exactly?

Honestly i don't know, but when i tweeted them they said the launch is in September so i guess we'll have to wait and see.
I do hope they are going do more than just school work with vehicles that look as good as that.
They run the 535 and 537 mate
(20/08/2016 10:26)T42 PVM Wrote:  They run the 535 and 537 mate

Presumably this 'launch' in September is for something else?
(20/08/2016 10:26)T42 PVM Wrote:  They run the 535 and 537 mate

Thanks Terence. I know they have also gained a lot of school work this week on VOSA but I didn't realise they ran normal services as well.
(20/08/2016 11:04)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Thanks Terence. I know they have also gained a lot of school work this week on VOSA but I didn't realise they ran normal services as well.

Both go up Blackburn Road so you could do that then get Transdev 1 or Arrivas 534 back
(20/08/2016 13:52)Dentonian Wrote:  Can't see it being much more than promoting the new "brand". There are no registered service changes and all current ops in the county are TFGM tenders anyway.

All seems very odd then. Thier already using buses with 'vision' plastered over the buses so it's no big secret and why would you go to the trouble of branding and launching a tendered service?
I assumed from all this talk of a 'launch' that they were launching some kind of commercial service.
Perhaps related to this...

PC1120149/43 - UK COACHWAYS LTD, HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON, BL6 5UE
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Bolton
Finish Point: Horwich
Via:
Service Number: 577
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-OCT-2016
Other Details: Monday to Friday

Don't think it is a school service??
(21/08/2016 08:29)SandyDrew Wrote:  Perhaps related to this...

PC1120149/43 - UK COACHWAYS LTD, HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON, BL6 5UE
Registration Accepted
Via:

No, this is a partial replacement for the 517 (Middlebrook - Horwich end) which Diamond are giving up, plus covers the top half of Ladybridge since the recent change to the 715.
Thanks for posting that Sandy, Was wondering who would get that

EDIT: Does anyone know when the 535 and 537 Contracts are up?
(21/08/2016 08:29)SandyDrew Wrote:  Perhaps related to this...

Registration Accepted
Via:

The 'launch' is apparently in September the start date for the registration above is end of October so doubt it's connected.

Thinking about it if 'vision' is simply a fleet name for the vehicles used on Bolton services I personally prefer the former name 'Uk Coachways' having said that there's not exactly any local connection to either name lol.
Newest edition to the fleet is an: Ex- London East Lancs Myllenium, (PG04 WGY) and its London fleet number was VE7 with London United
The new 577 route from Bolton to Horwich via Ladybridge, Claypool areas. Is to start on the 31st October. Personally i hope this gives UK Coachways a big boost for there company!
(14/09/2016 20:17)Alexw12 Wrote:  Oh yes, will have to change it.

I'm guessing the main point of the question was: is it WGY, or is it VE5? - as they're not the same bus.

EDIT: looks like this answers it - it's VE7 - unless of course they have both!
(14/09/2016 17:12)Alexw12 Wrote:  Newest edition to the fleet is an: Ex- London East Lancs Myllenium, (PG04 WGY) and its London fleet number was VE5 with London United

PG04 WGP has Also arrived at the UK Coachways depot
UK Coachways LTD- Fleet List (October 2016)

This fleet list is up to date, as of October 2016.
(24/10/2016 20:47)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks 4 this. Just a couple of queries; P993 AFV is included, but this has been reported as sold by the PSV Circle. Conversely, Omnicity YN03 WRP, only acquired late last year is not included. Do you know if that has been sold?

P993 AFV could have been sold, but this was definitely in the fleet in August. As for Omnicity YN03 WRP I've actually never seen it. Since it is an 03 plate it would have been useful for the 535,537 and soon the 577. So I'll chase this up with UK Coachways and see what they say.
(24/10/2016 20:47)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks 4 this. Just a couple of queries; P993 AFV is included, but this has been reported as sold by the PSV Circle. Conversely, Omnicity YN03 WRP, only acquired late last year is not included. Do you know if that has been sold?

YN03 WRP Was loaned to the company, presumably to cover for the dafs that were being painted
PG04 WGW is another East Lancs Myllenium Vyking that is part of the fleet
(26/10/2016 18:28)T42 PVM Wrote:  PG04 WGW is another East Lancs Myllenium Vyking that is part of the fleet

When did that enter the fleet? I will try and find the fleet number
Its reported in this months Buses Mag
(26/10/2016 20:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its reported in this months Buses Mag

Still need to get this months buses magazine lol, just waiting for confirmation from UK Coachways. It wouldn't surprise me if they bought the VE1-10 fleet!
(26/10/2016 18:28)T42 PVM Wrote:  PG04 WGW is another East Lancs Myllenium Vyking that is part of the fleet

Confirmation: PG04 WGW did not join the fleet. However it was stored at there depot for Rosso.
I think this thread needs to be back as uk coachways as there is a vision travel based in Widnes
A new route to be launched in December to cover the middlebrook shopping centre which has been missed out by the 577.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/1484..._shoppers/
That 577 is a joke anyway, only runs 4 times a day! People have a better service on a Saturday..
(04/11/2016 13:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  That 577 is a joke anyway, only runs 4 times a day! People have a better service on a Saturday..

I've wondered that since the start, because they do have the buses and the drivers. And why do they not run Saturdays or Sundays? Surely that's when they'd make the most revenue from the route.
(04/11/2016 20:32)Dentonian Wrote:  577 is subsidised, and with the 518 running on Saturdays only a Mon-Fri service can be justified - and presumably with school commitments, UKCW or any other Operator would want far more at peak times, than off-peak when only variable costs (eg. driver's wage and fuel) needed paying for.

I must admit, I had to laugh when someone said "a double-decker is not ideal, but its a bus" Talk about ungrateful!!!

Do they still have the ex Arriva darts? Couldn't they be used?
To old for Tendered work
(05/11/2016 02:22)ant17612 Wrote:  Do they still have the ex Arriva darts? Couldn't they be used?

Only used on schools in Chorley. I prefer the deckers honestly lol
What ex Arriva Darts do they have?
(06/11/2016 13:58)jcksmnr Wrote:  What ex Arriva Darts do they have?

Arriva NW 2267 and 2272 X267OBN X272OBN, both now in battleship grey
Fleetnumbers have now been applied to the buses. Makes the livery look really smart if it has the vision branding
Just relised it's X267 OBN in battleship grey and X272 OBN is white
PG04WGP will be delivered back to the UK Coachways Depot tonight from Blackburn Bus And Coach World. Its painted in the corporate livery, awaiting vision branding and will start its new life tommorow! Not too sure which route it will be on, but it will be on a school route.
PG04WGP has been on the 537 and schools today. Looks good in the new livery!
Confirmation:

Service 577 will be extended to serve Middlebrook and black rod. So from Bolton Bus Station, Ladybridge, Middlebrook, Brazley, Horwich and Blackrod. It will start on the 12th December

PG04 WGY has now gone to Blackburn Bus And Coach world, and is expected to be returned near Christmas time.
N586 BRH has now been scrapped
I really do have to feel sorry for anyone who has to rely on that Service!
(03/12/2016 22:14)T42 PVM Wrote:  I really do have to feel sorry for anyone who has to rely on that Service!

I think if the service does good, they'll do what they did with the 537s and up the frequency.

There is a possibility that they will bid on some more, local tenders next year.
(03/12/2016 22:14)T42 PVM Wrote:  I really do have to feel sorry for anyone who has to rely on that Service!

I think unless your lucky enough (or unlucky) to live on the A6 where buses run frequently 365 days a year any sort of service, basic or not as a blessing.
Do people really rely on bus services anymore? I know when I used buses to get to and from work there was always 'another option' ie taxi or lift of a friend just incase the bus didn't turn up.
There will be people with no other option
I've received confirmation from UK Coachways, that they will be a running the 518 from February 4th which is currently ran by Diamond
LV52HFN and LJ03MVU will be out this weekend on the 535 and 537
PG04 WGY has now been painted and refurbished; and should be back with UK Coachways very soon ;-)
UK Coachways now have an optare solo, reg: YK05 CCV. It's an Ex Stagecoach bus, and will be used on one of the routes that the current darts are on (freeing up a dart for other chorley routes) and will also be used on there new 518 route from January. It will also be in service in Bolton during the school holidays (weekdays). Tomorrow (19th January) it will go to Bus & Coach world for a paint, and is expected to be back a few days after. It will receive fleet number 128.

PG04 WGY is currently having a few jobs done to it before it can enter service.
N586 BRH has now been scrapped
P993 AFV is now being used as a parts donor
YJ05 PXE will be painted soon after the solo is

Latest Fleet List:
(18/01/2017 16:46)Alexw12 Wrote:  UK Coachways now have an optare solo, reg: YK05 CCV. It's an Ex Stagecoach bus, and will be used on one of the routes that the current darts are on (freeing up a dart for other chorley routes) and will also be used on there new 518 route from January. It will also be in service in Bolton during the school holidays (weekdays). Tomorrow (19th January) it will go to Bus & Coach world for a paint, and is expected to be back a few days after. It will receive fleet number 128.

It now looks like the 518 will now not be run by UK Coachways and that the 577 will now run on Saturdays. As Diamond are doing the 517 commercially like Mon-Fridays
[quote='jon890' pid='101685' dateline='1484850137']

It now looks like the 518 will now not be run by UK Coachways and that the 577 will now run on Saturdays. As Diamond are doing the 517 commercially like Mon-Fridays

Its just gone on the .gov site now though https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/498069/
Theres a number of mistakes with that registration, does not state the start and finish points and it says the Service is commercial but its a contract
(20/01/2017 10:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Theres a number of mistakes with that registration, does not state the start and finish points and it says the Service is commercial but its a contract

Yeah I noticed, just posted it because it was on their license

They have taken on school route Y53 as the yellow bus being used by the previous company was being overcrowded. They will be using a decker for it.
The 577 will now run Monday-Saturday (starting on the 4th February). It's the same timetable, just a few timing point tweeks.
(23/01/2017 16:22)Alexw12 Wrote:  The 577 will now run Monday-Saturday (starting this week). It's the same timetable, just a few timing point tweeks.

No like I have already said its first Saturday will be 4th Feb not this week
(23/01/2017 16:22)Alexw12 Wrote:  The 577 will now run Monday-Saturday (starting this week). It's the same timetable, just a few timing point tweeks.

sorry my last reply was worded wrong but the first Sat will be the 4th Feb
Just noticed, will change it.

The solo will join the fleet tomorrow (Thursday, its been at bus and coach world for the past week) and will start its new service on Saturday on the 537. It is in the Vision single deck livery (fully blue with grey rear) and will have fleet number 128
(26/01/2017 16:04)Alexw12 Wrote:  YK05 CCV has now been collected and in the Vision livery, expecting vinyls tomorrow. I've been given permission to upload their photos onto flickr....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexw12/32...otostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alexw12/32...otostream/

It looks smart but the grey rear end isn't for me at all. This and the deckers would look much better all over blue or maybe partly bringing the grey onto the side.
(27/01/2017 00:02)ant17612 Wrote:  It looks smart but the grey rear end isn't for me at all. This and the deckers would look much better all over blue or maybe partly bringing the grey onto the side.

The deckers do have grey at the bottom sides.
(27/01/2017 07:56)Alexw12 Wrote:  The deckers do have grey at the bottom sides.

True but it's that rear end that doesn't do the livery any favours.
(27/01/2017 17:56)ant17612 Wrote:  True but it's that rear end that doesn't do the livery any favours.

I think with their livery, It's either you love it or hate it.... I was sceptical about the livery at first but it has grown on me in the past months since the East Lancs Mylleniums were painted into Vision
(27/01/2017 21:39)Dentonian Wrote:  Can I just check something, having seen a fleet list published elsewhere; Do UK C/W have DAF deckers regd LJ04 LFH and/or 'LFK?

ta

They have LDK, I dont think they have LFH but I can check with them tomorrow

May I ask were you saw the other fleet list?
(27/01/2017 21:56)Dentonian Wrote:  It was a draft summary, covering all North West Operators. Its 'LFH and 'L*F*K I'm querying as they are not on the summary I've seen, but were reported either on here or somewhere else, some time ago.

Didn't read that right sorry. I don't have either of those reported on my fleet list. From the LF batch they have LFG and LFE. But I can always ask them tomorrow if you like?
(27/01/2017 17:56)ant17612 Wrote:  True but it's that rear end that doesn't do the livery any favours.

Agree, the grey just doesn't work. The blue looks good but needs something lighter to brighten it up a bit. Preferred the two tone blue used on the ALX400 they have.
(28/01/2017 09:28)WWH44L Wrote:  Agree, the grey just doesn't work. The blue looks good but needs something lighter to brighten it up a bit. Preferred the two tone blue used on the ALX400 they have.

The ALX400 livery was a trail livery, which i believe they disliked. I think it will be painted into the vision livery soon. Probably after YJ05 PXE which will be done in February
Out this weekend:
LJ03 MWC - 537
PG04 WGP - 535
YJ05 PXE - 577
YK05 CCV - 577 from 8:55
YK05 CCV is having Vision Vinyls applied tomorrow
P993AFV (105) is being collected for scrap next Thursday, it is being filmed by discovery channel for a programme called Scrap Kings, it'll follow the process of scrapping a bus. I'll try and get some information on to when it's being aired on TV.
Fleet News

P993 AFV is now scrapped.
UK Coachways have now got: LF52 ZRV, LF52 ZST, LF52 ZPY. All Ex- Go Ahead London Volvo B7TL Geminis. The fleet numbers haven't been allocated yet as the buses have only just been delivered. So the fleet list will be updated in due course when the Fleet numbers are known. Two of the buses will go to Bus And Coach world on Wednesday for a conversion and a paint into Vision livery
Fleet News

Some more new purchases:
LJ03 MVF & LJ03 MWV, Both DAF DB250s Wright Pulsar gemini (Ex Arriva London)
KX06 TYF, An Optare solo (Ex stagecoach)
LX06 EZV, A Dennis Dart SLF (Ex Go Ahead General)
And finally, the now newest bus in the fleet is
FJ08 BYX a Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini (Ex Transdev Yorkshire)

LF52 ZRV and LF52 ZPY have gone for a paint and a single door conversion
Fleet numbers will be allocated to the new buses on Monday
Are the ex Arriva darts due off?
Upgrading the fleet, and the possibility of new tenders after they have just recruited new drivers. The EX Arriva darts are staying on. Just some of the older fleet will be going in due course
KX06 TYF and LX06 EZV have just been delivered
I've got the fleet numbers now:
Reg - Fleet Number
LF52 ZPY - 129
LF52 ZRV - 130
LF52 ZST - 131
LX06 EZV - 132
KX06 TYF - 133
LJ03 MVF - 134
LJ03 MWV - 135
FJ08 BYX - 136
N47 ANE, N584 BRH and M143 KRU will be withdrawn on the 7th April. N47 ANE and N584 BRH will be scrapped at the end of April. M143 KRU may stay as a staff training bus as it is a very reliable bus. LF52 ZPY, LF52 ZRV and LF52 ZST will replace those. Possibility X272 OBN will be withdrawn soon as it is having chassis problems
FJ08 BYX has been delivered
LJ03 MVF and LJ03 MWV have been delivered today
FJ08 BYX will make its first appearance with UK Coachways tomorrow. It will run the morning 919 school route- and laying over at Bolton Bus Station before it starts the route.
LX06 EZV has gone for a paint into Vision Livery
Should now be 12 Buses at this depot

VISION BUS LTD
Director(s): CHRISTOPHER WILLIAM SMITH
HORWICH LOCO WORKS, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON,
BL6 5UE
Increase at existing operating centre: UNIT 8A, LOCO WORKS, HORWICH
BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON, BL6 5UE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 12 vehicle(s)
(05/04/2017 17:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  Should now be 12 Buses at this depot

VISION BUS LTD
BL6 5UE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 12 vehicle(s)

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/418987
N47 ANE was retired earlier than expected, and is going to scrap next week
Think he has 2 licenses, 1 called Vision valid for 12 Buses and UK Coachways valid for 25 Buses
(05/04/2017 17:19)T42 PVM Wrote:  Think he has 2 licenses, 1 called Vision valid for 12 Buses and UK Coachways valid for 25 Buses

I don't really go into all that with them, though i know UK Coachways is slowly being phased out
Also worth adding some more School Services where registered today
(05/04/2017 17:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  Also worth adding some more School Services where registered today

What schools? i knew they had employed more staff, wasn't to sure whether they were going for more tenders
UK COACHWAYS LTD, HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW
ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON, BL6 5UE
To: Albany High School, Chorley
Via:
Name or No.: 792
Service type: School or Works
Effective date: 18 April 2017
Other details: Monday to Friday, school terms only

Via:
Name or No.: 794
Effective date: 24 April 2017
Other details: Monday to Friday, term time only

To: Parklands High School, Chorley
Via:
Name or No.: 791

To: Southlands High School, Chorley
Via:
Name or No.: 790
(05/04/2017 17:26)T42 PVM Wrote:  UK COACHWAYS LTD, HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW
Via:
Name or No.: 792
Other details: Monday to Friday, school terms only

Via:
Name or No.: 794
Effective date: 24 April 2017

To: Parklands High School, Chorley
Via:
Name or No.: 791

To: Southlands High School, Chorley
Via:
Name or No.: 790

Ah yes, that's what some of those recently bought buses were for Big Grin
N47 ANE, N584 BRH, M143 KRU and X272 OBN are going to scrap in the coming days
LF52 ZPY, LF52 ZRV and LX06 EZV have returned to the depot and have entered service
KX06 TYF was delivered back to the depot today and is expected to enter service in the coming days
LX06EZV has now got Vinyls added, and looks very very smart in the new livery.
Photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stu2112/33...04/in/feed
Credit: Stu
M143 KRU seems to have escaped the scrap as it has been on the 811 schools this week. it looks a good bus but needs the paint tidying up. sorry to hear about X272 OBN and that appeared regularly at my sons school
(12/05/2017 13:27)old goat Wrote:  M143 KRU seems to have escaped the scrap as it has been on the 811 schools this week. it looks a good bus but needs the paint tidying up. sorry to hear about X272 OBN and that appeared regularly at my sons school

Yeah, I believe M13KRU is only being used temporarily...
LX06 EZV and KX06 TYF shall be in Bolton all this week. LX06 EZV is on the 577 KX06 TYF is on the 535
The latest member of the fleet, and delivered today, is Ex Blackpool Transport 342, PL52XAD
(11/06/2017 15:40)Alexw12 Wrote:  The latest member of the fleet, and delivered today, is Ex Blackpool Transport 342, PL52XAD

Returns back to the area, being the former (original) X80SLT of South Lancs Travel.
I've been advised that UK Coachways have gained the following contracts, these will begin from September / October.

525 evenings and Sundays (during the day)
527 evenings and Sundays (during the day)
534 in the evenings

The depot has also been relocated to Blackrod, just waiting for vosa to publish it on the website.
(06/07/2017 16:00)Alexw12 Wrote:  The depot has also been relocated to Blackrod, just waiting for vosa to publish it on the website.

Is that due to the redevelopment works at the Loco?
(06/07/2017 19:35)Nicholas Wrote:  Is that due to the redevelopment works at the Loco?

Yeah, and that the old depot was far to small for there needs. The new depot now has an onsight workshop too
(06/07/2017 16:00)Alexw12 Wrote:  I've been advised that UK Coachways have gained the following contracts, these will begin from September / October.

534 in the evenings

The depot has also been relocated to Blackrod, just waiting for vosa to publish it on the website.

thank god there taking over the 544 cant stand cumfybus :P will they run these routes with solos cos there is no way a gemini 1 is getting around the 544
(06/07/2017 22:07)Kieran_Wilkins1997 Wrote:  thank god there taking over the 544 cant stand cumfybus :P will they run these routes with solos cos there is no way a gemini 1 is getting around the 544

Single deck buses are going to be used, these are being purchase very soon,
PG04WGP and PG04WGY now have vision vinyls added to it. The new additions for the 533 and 544 are are more than likely due in the next few weeks too
(13/07/2017 19:48)Dentonian Wrote:  the 544 is ostensibly a hybrid contract. However, given the exceedingly hostile attitude of the Media and public towards the drastically reduced NoX and PM10 emissions from Hybrids and Euro6s, TFGM/C probably feel cleaning up buses is a complete waste of taxpayers' money.

The 544 was only a Hybrid contract way back in Maytree days with YJ11ELU since then its only been a general bus contract.
(06/07/2017 16:00)Alexw12 Wrote:  I've been advised that UK Coachways have gained the following contracts, these will begin from September / October.

534 in the evenings

Here you go Alex

UK COACHWAYS LTD
Director(s): MICHAEL ANDREW SMITH
HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON,
BL6 5UE
New operating centre: Unit 1E, Blackrod Interchange, Station Road, Blackrod,
Bolton, BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 25 vehicle(s)
Removed operating centre: HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW

VISION BUS LTD
BL6 5UE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 20 vehicle(s)
(20/07/2017 10:06)T42 PVM Wrote:  Here you go Alex

UK COACHWAYS LTD
Director(s): MICHAEL ANDREW SMITH
HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW ROAD, HORWICH, BOLTON,
BL6 5UE
New operating centre: Unit 1E, Blackrod Interchange, Station Road, Blackrod,
Bolton, BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 25 vehicle(s)
Removed operating centre: HORWICH BUSINESS PARK, CHORLEY NEW

VISION BUS LTD
BL6 5UE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 20 vehicle(s)

I thought vision and uk coachways where the same firm
Yes, with 2 licenses
Some fleet news:
X267 OBN has been withdrawn pending scrap
YJ55 BLK was stored at the depot for about a month for Ensign bus, they decided to buy it off them
Two new members of the fleet are LK07ELJ and LK07BDU. These are 2 Ex metroline Enviro 200s and will be used on the 533 and 544.

Fleet numbers for the new buses are:

YJ55 BLK 137
PL52 XAD 138
LK07ELJ 139
LK07BDU 140
Fleet list:
LK07ELJ LK07BDU were delivered to the depot yesterday. Since Bus And Coach World is fully booked, they both can't go in for a paint for a while yet.. So they'll be staying in London Red for the time being.
Remember me saying P993 AFV was going to be scrapped, and was going to be filmed for a documentary? Well the show starts on the 22nd August on Quest at 9PM. It will document the process of scrapping the bus, as well as scrapping crushing other things as well, And they kept the UK Coachways vinyls on. The bus which is being scrapped is a Dennis Dart East Lancs Spryte

A link to the website http://www.questtv.co.uk/scrap-kings/
I seen that advertised on tv last night.
M143 KRU has evaded scrap and is on its way to its new home... South Korea
Today was the first time LK07ELJ went out in service, and it got a lot of attention from enthusiasts. Next week, both ELJ and BDU will be out together
Vision are now using a new twitter page, and the first post is their version of the new timetable for the 533, why don't you check it out Smile
https://twitter.com/VisionBus
UK Coachways will be trailing free wifi on board LK07BDU in a few weeks time. This will mostly be used on the 533. If successful it could be rolled out across the fleet.
When the 533 does start (presumably when the schools start on the 6th) YK05CCV will run the first trip on the 533, then completing a school route. An Enviro will then run the rest of the trips
Just some fleet news:
New addition to the fleet is X472AHE which is a Scania L94UB Wirghts Solar. It'll be used on Lancs school routes.
If all goes to plan, i believe LK07BDU will be going to Bus and Coach World for a paint next week, covering it on the 533 will be LK07ELJ
Tonight on the finale of Scrap Kings, the long awaited scrapping of P993 AFV will happen at 9PM. A quick advert for tonight is below

https://mobile.twitter.com/QuestTV/statu...9228405760
So when do Vision take over the 544 because cant wait to get rid of cumfybus on that route
(22/09/2017 20:16)Kieran_Wilkins1997 Wrote:  So when do Vision take over the 544 because cant wait to get rid of cumfybus on that route

It's either the 30th October or the 31st October, not 100% sure
(19/09/2017 19:43)Alexw12 Wrote:  Tonight on the finale of Scrap Kings, the long awaited scrapping of P993 AFV will happen at 9PM. A quick advert for tonight is below

https://mobile.twitter.com/QuestTV/statu...9228405760

Hi Alex
missed this programme, tried to watch on quest OD but it doesn't load up.
Can you direct me to anywhere else to watch this.
used to see this bus regularly at Albany College Chorley and was surprised when it was scrapped.
(23/09/2017 14:18)old goat Wrote:  Hi Alex
missed this programme, tried to watch on quest OD but it doesn't load up.
Can you direct me to anywhere else to watch this.
used to see this bus regularly at Albany College Chorley and was surprised when it was scrapped.

The only link i can find is this one from quest, it's loading for me. http://www.questtv.co.uk/video/scrap-kin...explosion/

If i find another ill put it on here for you
2 new additions to the fleet, LK07BEY (Enviro 200) and YN08DHL (Scania Omnicity) ill upload an updated fleet list tomorrow with the recent additions included
Vision have confirmed they will be running the daytime and evening 527 from the end of October
Changes listed on the TfGM website. Company now listed as Vision Bus rather than UK Coachways.

Services gained:
  • 525 (evenings/Sundays)
  • 527 (evenings/Sundays)
  • 534 (evenings/Sundays)
  • 544 (Monday-Saturday daytime)

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
Here's a link to the 527 timetable
http://www.visionbus.co.uk/resources/timetables/527.pdf
LK07BEY has been painted, and looks amazing! It will be out in service this week!
These photos belong to Vision Bus and i have permission to upload them...

On demonstration with Vision is WF Streetlite SK65PWV for the next month, It will be trailed on various different routes that they operate
Vision will commence operation of Boltons Metroshuttle (Route 500) from the 3rd January, and being used will be TFGM Hybrid Buses
Saw one of the ex Stagecoach Solos running the 544 today looks miles better than the Gaffer Taped together Cumfybus cr*p running it previously Smile now looking forward to see if one of the Enviro200s makes it on there :P
On demonstration for the next few weeks is Wrights Streetdeck SN64CTU
(21/11/2017 19:53)Alexw12 Wrote:  On demonstration for the next few weeks is Wrights Streetdeck SN64CTU

Interesting that’s the classic front example. Are we to assume that Vision are another company looking to use more modern vehicles on their school routes?
YJ55BLK has now been painted
The metroshuttle buses, YJ11ENT and YJ11ENU, have now joined the fleet
Some fleet news,
YJ55BLK has returned back to the fleet in Vision livery

Now joined the fleet are:
LJ56ONM, Dennis Dart Ex Abellio 8004
YJ62FSE, Optare Versa

X606EGK, M14UKC and X595USC will all be withdrawn at the end of January/ Beginning of February and their replacements will be coming at a similar time.
OU54PGZ has joined the fleet to replace one of the tridents. It's currently at Bus and Coach world for a paint and retrim..
LF55CYW is also due to join the fleet soon.
Vision will commence operation of the 571 and 572 after First withdraw it
(09/02/2018 10:45)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Vision will commence operation of the 571 and 572 after First withdraw it

Good news, and thank you for this information.

I wonder what vehicles will run on these routes, maybe acquired Enviro 200s?
Vision are really starting to get big now:

VISION BUS LTD
BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6
5JE
Increase at existing operating centre: BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION
ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 40 vehicle(s)
OU54PGZ is back and has been repainted
LF55CYW was picked up a few weeks ago.
M14UKC, X606EGK & X595USC have been scrapped
YJ62FSE has been painted

LK07BEY and YJ62FSE are now vinyled up
Vision will be providing free WiFi and USB charging ports on the 571/2 service which is due to start on the 8th April
Not sure how long they've been doing it but Vision now have the contract to provide match buses for Salford Reds running to/from Stadium to/from Trafford Centre, it did used to be Wrigleys of Irlam that had the contract
Latest buses to join the fleet are YJ57XVR and YJ57XVS. Both starting life with Transdev as their 254 & 255, and then being passed to Marchants of Cheltenham and now Vision.
YJ57XVR is being painted right now
YJ57XVS has now been painted and free Wi-Fi and USB Charging ports have been added
YJ62FSE has also got free Wi-Fi and USB charging ports

An updated fleet list below
YJ57XVR is now out in service
Currently on demonstration is Wrights Streetlite SK17HHL
(30/04/2018 19:07)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Currently on demonstration is Wrights Streetlite SK17HHL

I'm surprised they have this, I thought secondhand stock would be more their thing since every bus bought has been secondhand. Still it won't be long when they have unsold stock going cheap.

Who's buying them?
Vision will be providing buses for the musical 'Summer Holiday' which is being produced by the Octagon Theatre, and starts off at Bolton Interchange. FJ08BYX has been used for the rehearsals. More info here: https://octagonbolton.co.uk/whats-on/the...r-holiday/
Working for Vision in Bolton on Wednesday was Optare Versa 1170 YJ14BHN. It's in dealer white, and appears to have last been with Kingsley, Birtley (Tyne & Wear). It had previously been with Lewis, Llanrhustyd from new, and later worked for Llew Jones, Llanwrst.

There are couple of photos of it on Flickr working the 535, so it may have been around for some time, but I can't find mention of it on this thread previously.
(14/03/2018 14:15)AlexBus12 Wrote:  YJ62FSE has been painted

Ex travel de courcey in the West Midlands
What buses are used on the Bolton services & which service is the 62 reg versa normally on thanks
(04/07/2018 07:44)DART1 Wrote:  What buses are used on the Bolton services & which service is the 62 reg versa normally on thanks

Enviro200s, versas, solos, the lot..
YJ62FSE can be on a mixture, more likely the 571/2 though
(04/07/2018 15:05)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Enviro200s, versas, solos, the lot..
YJ62FSE can be on a mixture, more likely the 571/2 though

Some of the Geminis as well operate in Bolton
Optare Olympus'
YN57FXE
YN57FXA
YN57FXC
YN57FXD

And Scania Omnicity's
YN08MKX
YN08MKZ
Have joined the fleet
(12/07/2018 14:16)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Optare Olympus'
YN57FXE
YN57FXA
YN57FXC
YN57FXD

And Scania Omnicity's
YN08MKX
YN08MKZ
Have joined the fleet

Although different types, all are ex- Reading. The Scania Omnicity is a very uncomfortable vehicle to ride on due to its moulded seats with rather thin cushions. I went from Orpington to Woolwich on one quite recently and was very glad to get off.
(12/07/2018 14:16)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Optare Olympus'
YN57FXE
YN57FXA
YN57FXC
YN57FXD

And Scania Omnicity's
YN08MKX
YN08MKZ
Have joined the fleet

Apologies, YN08HYY has replaced YN57FXA. FXA has actually ended up in Malta!
Another License increase for Vision:

N VISION BUS LTD
5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 50 vehicle(s)
Wrights Streetdeck SK17HHC is currently on demonstration
LV52HFN has now left the fleet
(23/07/2018 18:30)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Wrights Streetdeck SK17HHC is currently on demonstration

Is the Streetdeck still here and where am I likely to see it? I’m planning on stalking it tomorrow
(31/07/2018 14:50)RedPanda Wrote:  Is the Streetdeck still here and where am I likely to see it? I’m planning on stalking it tomorrow

Yup. It's on a mixture I think. Linger around at Bolton and you'll probably come across it
(31/07/2018 16:11)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Yup. It's on a mixture I think. Linger around at Bolton and you'll probably come across it

Much appreciated thanks
(16/06/2018 14:47)EDB325 Wrote:  Working for Vision in Bolton on Wednesday was Optare Versa 1170 YJ14BHN. It's in dealer white, and appears to have last been with Kingsley, Birtley (Tyne & Wear). It had previously been with Lewis, Llanrhustyd from new, and later worked for Llew Jones, Llanwrst.

There are couple of photos of it on Flickr working the 535, so it may have been around for some time, but I can't find mention of it on this thread previously.

YJ14BHN has now left the fleet
Yellow school coach FX56AHU has now joined the fleet Vomit
Former Blue Bus of Shotts, Optare Solo SR WK11AOZ and Former London Gemini 2 LX11CVT have joined the fleet. I'll post an updated fleet list soon
Vision will commence operation of the following services from the 28th October
525, 526, 536, 551, 553, 559, 570 and operate the night time services as well on the 571&572
Buses for these services are due in October.
Former Nottingham City Transport and more recently Transdev Keighley YN05WFS has joined the fleet
(17/09/2018 14:31)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Vision will commence operation of the following services from the 28th October
525, 526, 536, 551, 553, 559, 570 and operate the night time services as well on the 571&572
Buses for these services are due in October.

Don’t know what they’ve got to operate the new tenders do you?
(27/09/2018 17:28)RedPanda Wrote:  Don’t know what they’ve got to operate the new tenders do you?

Optare Solos SRs YJ14BCU and YJ14BEU have joined the fleet, with YJ14BEU just returned from repaint And will be out next week. More buses are due in the coming weeks.
(29/09/2018 18:59)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Optare Solos SRs YJ14BCU and YJ14BEU have joined the fleet, with YJ14BEU just returned from repaint And will be out next week. More buses are due in the coming weeks.

Looking forward to seeing them
Thanks Alex
(29/09/2018 21:36)RedPanda Wrote:  Looking forward to seeing them
Thanks Alex

It's out and about now, looks very smart
LJ04LGL has been withdrawn awaiting scrap
(29/09/2018 18:59)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Optare Solos SRs YJ14BCU and YJ14BEU have joined the fleet, with YJ14BEU just returned from repaint And will be out next week. More buses are due in the coming weeks.

YJ14BCU is now also out on the road having been repainted
Some fleet news:
Latest buses to join the fleet:
Enviro 200s KX59CXS, KX59CXT, KX10DVL. These are for the new service commencing this Sunday (28th)
Optare Solo SR YJ14BCO is due to join the fleet this weekend.
Former Cumfybus TFGM Hybrids will be joining the fleet next week.
Out of the fleet:
LJ04LGL
LV52HFN
LJ56ONM is no longer in use, and is now awaiting a new owner

From the 28th October contactless payments will be available, and free wifi will be available on the single deck fleet.

Here is the current upto date fleet list, i've not included fleet numbers as it seems easier to go off the registrations.
Note, this list doesn't include the tfgm hybrids which are due to join the fleet
TFGM Hybrids YJ11 ELX, YJ11 EMF, YJ11ELU have joined the fleet
(24/10/2018 17:39)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Some fleet news:
Latest buses to join the fleet:
Enviro 200s KX59CXS, KX59CXT, KX10DVL. These are for the new service commencing this Sunday (28th)
Optare Solo SR YJ14BCO is due to join the fleet this weekend.
Former Cumfybus TFGM Hybrids will be joining the fleet next week.
Out of the fleet:
LJ04LGL
LV52HFN
LJ56ONM is no longer in use, and is now awaiting a new owner

From the 28th October contactless payments will be available, and free wifi will be available on the single deck fleet.

Here is the current upto date fleet list, i've not included fleet numbers as it seems easier to go off the registrations.
Note, this list doesn't include the tfgm hybrids which are due to join the fleet

Which route(s) have Vision Bus just taken up?
(03/11/2018 06:43)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Which route(s) have Vision Bus just taken up?

525,526,536,551,553,559,570,571/2(nights)
(03/11/2018 08:29)AlexBus12 Wrote:  525,526,536,551,553,559,570,571/2(nights)

Thank you for this list. Potentially quite a good choice, even though I doubt I shall go to Bolton until the electric trains serve that line - itself unlikely before next May.
The website is now live. Consisting of service updates, journey planner, mobile ticketing and my favourite bit, the live tracking! http://www.visionbus.co.uk
There is also an App in the App Store. Type in "Vision Bus"
Like the use of the vehicle ref in the live tracking. Excellent for the enthusiast. A shame a few of the bigger operators don’t offer this facility
(22/11/2018 16:59)DOG101 Wrote:  Like the use of the vehicle ref in the live tracking. Excellent for the enthusiast. A shame a few of the bigger operators don’t offer this facility

Diamond Bus also offer Bus Tracker with the vehicle ref included.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/north-west/bus-tracker/
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Ex Wilts and Dorset Optare Spectra M143KRU is still with Vision Bus Please?
(26/11/2018 16:50)Tractor37688 Wrote:  Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Ex Wilts and Dorset Optare Spectra M143KRU is still with Vision Bus Please?

Nope. It's in South Korea last I heard
Vision have increased their License again

VISION BUS LTD
5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 56 vehicle(s)
(13/02/2019 21:50)T42 PVM Wrote:  Vision have increased their License again

VISION BUS LTD
5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 56 vehicle(s)

Is this in case of something, are they looking at starting new routes at future service cuts by FirstGroup. Or are they biding for more TfGM work or is it that they have school work in mind in either Greater Manchester or Lancashire.
For a small independent thats quite a large sum of veichles to increase too.
Almost bigger than arriva bolton.
I think EVERYONE will be trying to take a few First routes while they can. They aren't going to compete while they are trying to sell up as it would lower the profits (or increase the losses) even more. In Visions case, I think they might be after some more contracts. Given how much they have won in Bolton, they will be wanting to secure extra routes. IF you win so much in a short space of time, you would be motivated to keep try and see how many contracts you can get.
(14/02/2019 07:54)motormayhem1 Wrote:  For a small independent thats quite a large sum of veichles to increase too.
Almost bigger than arriva bolton.

They are bigger than Arriva Bolton as they only have around 35 Buses based there now due to huge loses over the last couple of years
(14/02/2019 09:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  They are bigger than Arriva Bolton as they only have around 35 Buses based there now due to huge loses over the last couple of years

Yes I think Diamond Bus North West are now the third biggest operator in Greater Manchester, but they are now starting to rationalise there network as well, plus cuts to tenders means that they are losing work there as well.

Lets not forget though much of Visions work is on School Contracts not just in Greater Manchester but also around Chorley and Bamber Bridge in Lancashire, so some of that fleet isn't actually used within Greater Manchester.

Would I be right in thinking that its possibly owned by enthusiasts, as the diverse fleet of vehicles seems to be suggesting that???? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and its just about whats available at the time at a reasonable price????
Currently on demonstration for the next few weeks is Yutong Electric E12LF YK66CBC.. I believe it'll be on the 571/2s from Wednesday
(11/03/2019 20:12)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Currently on demonstration for the next few weeks is Yutong Electric E12LF YK66CBC.. I believe it'll be on the 571/2s from Wednesday

Will they actually ever buy any of these models? or are they just whats offered on free demonstration in the hope?

Seems Vision have had rather a lot of demo's over the last two years or so, but are yet to buy anything new or ex-demonstration, I am puzzled as to why a dealer would loan a bus to a company that has a track record of not buying the demonstrator or buying a new bus!
(13/03/2019 22:03)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Will they actually ever buy any of these models? or are they just whats offered on free demonstration in the hope?

Seems Vision have had rather a lot of demo's over the last two years or so, but are yet to buy anything new or ex-demonstration, I am puzzled as to why a dealer would loan a bus to a company that has a track record of not buying the demonstrator or buying a new bus!

a lot of companies do it as it just gives an extra modern bus to an operator to use regardless if they purchase them or not.
They do it in the hope they may make a purchase , even if its for just 1 bus its worth there while as they tend to only hang around for a week or two.
(14/02/2019 20:31)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Would I be right in thinking that its possibly owned by enthusiasts, as the diverse fleet of vehicles seems to be suggesting that???? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and its just about whats available at the time at a reasonable price????

The second hand bus market seems to be fluid over the past few years. Helped of course by larger independents ceasing. Or larger companies withdrawing services with independent operators taking up work and investing in high quality vehicles

E.g - D&G on the 82 between Chester and Northwich. A drastic comparison to the GHA fleet pre 2016.

On Vision, they’ve been quite shrewd in purchased over the past few years - Purchasing Vehicles from atsteemed operators

E.g -
Olympus YN57FXD - Ex Reading Transport
Versa YJ62FSE - Ex Travel de Courcey
Versa YJ57XVR, YJ57XVS & YJ57XVV - Ex Transdev Burnley & Pendle

In regards to different types of vehicles purchased. With contract gains you are snookered with what’s available at the time. However operators recently have benefited with early DDA stock from London.

E.g Enviro 200 - LK07ELJ Ex Metrolink
Gemini - LX11CVT - Ex Go Ahead London
I will be honest, I do think things might not be as rosy as they have been here in the past as the expansion phase seems to have ground to a halt, they had previously grown considerably with the picking up of routes from FirstGroup and Cumfybus, although maybe the options will become more limited, with Tyrer's having taken the remaining Cumfybus contracts, and the growth of Diamond which also seems never ending and also the fact once the Bolton depot of First Manchester is bought, expansion possibilities might vanish, especially if it goes to a good operator.

The purchase of the Versa's has been astute, but sometimes other vehicles have seem varied and therefore the parts costs must be high for such a varied fleet of deckers, although I guess at some stage there might be a chance to stabilise on one mark or two.
(13/03/2019 22:03)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Will they actually ever buy any of these models? or are they just whats offered on free demonstration in the hope?

I don't think vision or any smaller operators ring the manufacture and beg for Demo's. It's actually the other way round and it's normally the dealers that are mithering to take Demo's on.
(13/03/2019 23:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't think vision or any smaller operators ring the manufacture and beg for Demo's. It's actually the other way round and it's normally the dealers that are mithering to take Demo's on.

I totally agree with that comment. For example the Yutong that Vision now has was offered to Diamond NW for a term & taken on demo, but I'm led to believe it saw little use as drivers refused to drive it.
(13/03/2019 22:42)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The second hand bus market seems to be fluid over the past few years. Helped of course by larger independents ceasing. Or larger companies withdrawing services with independent operators taking up work and investing in high quality vehicles

E.g - D&G on the 82 between Chester and Northwich. A drastic comparison to the GHA fleet pre 2016.

On Vision, they’ve been quite shrewd in purchased over the past few years - Purchasing Vehicles from atsteemed operators

E.g -
Olympus YN57FXD - Ex Reading Transport
Versa YJ62FSE - Ex Travel de Courcey
Versa YJ57XVR, YJ57XVS & YJ57XVV - Ex Transdev Burnley & Pendle

In regards to different types of vehicles purchased. With contract gains you are snookered with what’s available at the time. However operators recently have benefited with early DDA stock from London.

E.g Enviro 200 - LK07ELJ Ex Metrolink
Gemini - LX11CVT - Ex Go Ahead London

I think the used market for normal service bus work is now starting to shift the opposite way, i.e. demand is diminishing what with the amount of clean air zones / emission restrictions now coming in to force in various part of the country, most if not all demanding min Euro 6. With all the various funding schemes now available to operators, it's getting more cost effective to buy brand new Euro 6 buses and benefit from enhanced fuel efficiency as opposed to upgrading older buses to Euro 6 emission standards with exhaust upgrades.
(14/03/2019 00:12)Winston Wrote:  I totally agree with that comment. For example the Yutong that Vision now has was offered to Diamond NW for a term & taken on demo, but I'm led to believe it saw little use as drivers refused to drive it.

The problem with the Yutong is that the side panel runs the full length of the vehicle. Drivers of other companies who operated Yutong demonstrators were scared to cause damage as this would require a full panel replacement
(13/03/2019 23:32)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I will be honest, I do think things might not be as rosy as they have been here in the past as the expansion phase seems to have ground to a halt,

They've just taken on a large number of contracts, literally just a few months ago. Let them have a chance to breath LOL
(13/03/2019 23:38)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't think vision or any smaller operators ring the manufacture and beg for Demo's. It's actually the other way round and it's normally the dealers that are mithering to take Demo's on.

Really? I had always assumed it was the operator looking for short term cover without having to pay Dawsons for a rental?
(14/03/2019 09:33)mikestone Wrote:  Really? I had always assumed it was the operator looking for short term cover without having to pay Dawsons for a rental?

Nope it's normally the dealer that will contract operators and offer them a demo for a week or so. Normally a demo will do the rounds with the big ops then end up with smaller operators.
Optare Versa YJ08PKX has joined the fleet..

An updated fleet list below
LK07BDU is now being painted also
(17/03/2019 20:27)jonathon890 Wrote:  LK07BDU is now being painted also

Going white I believe, unless plans changed
(17/03/2019 20:47)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Going white I believe, unless plans changed

No full Vision Blue
WK11AOZ has been painted
LK07ELJ is being painted
KX59CXS has been painted
Some quite big fleet changes currently happening to replace vehicles on TFGM tenders which are reaching the age limit, and for new school tenders.

Joining the fleet are:
Wright Streetdeck (due within the next week or so)- SL15ZGP
Wright Streetlites- LJ13 GLK LJ13GLF
Scania Omnicitys- LX09AFK, LX09AFO, LX09AFV, LX09AGU, LX09AHC,
YP59OEA, YP59OEC, YP59OED, YP59OEE, YP59OEF, YP59OEG, YP59OEH, YP59OEJ, YP59OEK,
YP59OEL

KX59 CXS and KX10 DVL have been painted

X472 AHE is withdrawn

Ill post an updated fleet list soon
(08/07/2019 20:53)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Some quite big fleet changes currently happening to replace vehicles on TFGM tenders which are reaching the age limit, and for new school tenders.

Joining the fleet are:
Wright Streetdeck (due within the next week or so)- SL15ZGP
Wright Streetlites- LJ13 GLK LJ13GLF
Scania Omnicitys- LX09AFK, LX09AFO, LX09AFV, LX09AGU, LX09AHC,
YP59OEA, YP59OEC, YP59OED, YP59OEE, YP59OEF, YP59OEG, YP59OEH, YP59OEJ, YP59OEK,
YP59OEL

KX59 CXS and KX10 DVL have been painted

X472 AHE is withdrawn

Ill post an updated fleet list soon

Looks like with similar vehicles coming to Diamond for services at Bolton, that Bolton will soon be Streetdeck City.
They paint the buses to a high quality... then dont apply any fleetnames! seems an odd decision.
Are the Streetlites being converted to single door before coming up and entering service?
(09/07/2019 05:55)M60lad Wrote:  Are the Streetlites being converted to single door before coming up and entering service?

Yes
Weird route registered today:

PC1134111/42 Registered
VISION BUS LTD
Route: Buckshaw Avenue, Chorley to Bolton Road, Chorley
Service number: V2 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 Sep 2019
(15/07/2019 16:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Weird route registered today:

PC1134111/42 Registered
VISION BUS LTD
Route: Buckshaw Avenue, Chorley to Bolton Road, Chorley
Service number: V2 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 Sep 2019

Commercial school route. Numbered similarly to the first commercial school numbered V1
Hi Alex

I seem to have a note that suggest's two ex Stagecoach Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini have joined the fleet, I have BX07 BUA/BVC listed, presume from Stagecoach Merseyside, can you confirm if this is correct? Of course these where new to First Manchester and where used at Wigan. I presume BUA is an error for MX07 BVA as MX07 BUA is with First Huddersfield?
Re ex stagecoach bus mentioned above i saw one of these ( on 9 Jul) but only got BX07 coming out of the depot onto station road Blackrod and up to the lights before turning left along the A6 towards the M61 junction at Horwich.
(16/07/2019 13:11)old goat Wrote:  Re ex stagecoach bus mentioned above i saw one of these ( on 9 Jul) but only got BX07 coming out of the depot onto station road Blackrod and up to the lights before turning left along the A6 towards the M61 junction at Horwich.

I've got a note that BX07CVA/C/D/G/L are all with Vision. I'm pretty sure I picked the info up from Steven Knight Media.
(16/07/2019 15:04)EDB325 Wrote:  I've got a note that BX07CVA/C/D/G/L are all with Vision. I'm pretty sure I picked the info up from Steven Knight Media.

MXs
(16/07/2019 19:10)AlexBus12 Wrote:  MXs

They would also be BVA etc as well wouldn't they??
(16/07/2019 19:45)gilesbus1 Wrote:  They would also be BVA etc as well wouldn't they??

Yeah
MX07 BVA, MX07 BVC, MX07 BVD, MX07 BVG, MX07 BVL
(16/07/2019 19:53)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Yeah
MX07 BVA, MX07 BVC, MX07 BVD, MX07 BVG, MX07 BVL
Sorry - spot of fat finger in my original post - CVA should have read BVA.
(17/07/2019 08:33)EDB325 Wrote:  Sorry - spot of fat finger in my original post - CVA should have read BVA.

No probs, was just initially getting mixed up with the Birmingham reg's.
MX07BVA is now painted https://flic.kr/p/2gEuzvG
Announced today, Vision will commence operation of two new commercial bus routes. https://www.visionbus.co.uk/news/brand-new-bus-service/
This will be interesting, An Independent trying a new Route out.
Good luck to them the 519 bus route is historical vital route and should never have been scrapped ..sure if vision are serious on it then it can be a profitable route with good promotions
Johnson fold estate is gonna see more buses than you can shake a stick at
a further increase onto the Vision License, now for 70 Buses

VISION BUS LTD
BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON,
BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 70 vehicle(s)
As mentioned on another thread LJ04LFG, LJ04LGC, LJ04LDU have left the fleet and joined Warrington
I dont really know much about vision bus they just seem to be doing bits here and there and starting up new services.even though they are not that far from where I live..did they start from bus company managers from somewhere else..theres no proper liveries etc if someone could let me know cheers
(18/08/2019 18:56)johnluke Wrote:  I dont really know much about vision bus they just seem to be doing bits here and there and starting up new services.even though they are not that far from where I live..did they start from bus company managers from somewhere else..theres no proper liveries etc if someone could let me know cheers

There's an article about their history in buses magazine from a few months back. And there is a livery, with every service bus now in it.
Ex First Manchester (Metroshuttle) Solo SR Hybrid YJ60 KCC (59002) is now converted to a TfGM Eco Bus and is in use here.
(02/10/2019 09:51)ant17612 Wrote:  Ex First Manchester (Metroshuttle) Solo SR Hybrid YJ60 KCC (59002) is now converted to a TfGM Eco Bus and is in use here.

Believe its replaced hybrid versa YJ11ELX
Wrights Streetlites LJ13GKO and LJ13GKP have joined the fleet, with LJ13GKO being painted now.
LJ04LDK has been sold to Mario Coaches
(13/11/2019 22:07)AlexBus12 Wrote:  LJ04LDK has been sold to Mario Coaches

Can anyone explain what the link between uk coachways and vision was? I’ve read the recent articles regarding Uks financial conduct, and would be disappointed if that money was used to kickstart vision, as vision are often labelled as a good quality operator....
Wasnt uk coachways took over by gm buses back in the day if I remember?
(09/12/2019 14:25)johnluke Wrote:  Wasnt uk coachways took over by gm buses back in the day if I remember?

No, your mixing it up with Coachmasters, I suspect, GM Buses also didn't take over any operators during its run, your also thinking possibly about the First Manchester era.

UK Coachways and Vision Bus is/was owned by members of the same family, UK Coachways originally operated Coaches but moved over to School Contract work, this work past on to Vision Bus. The UK Coachways licence was revoked and the director in who's name it was, disqualified.
Just remembered it was bolton coachways..I'm sure it was took over by gm north
(11/12/2019 18:37)johnluke Wrote:  Just remembered it was bolton coachways..I'm sure it was took over by gm north

Bolton Coachways was taken over by MTL
(11/12/2019 18:42)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Bolton Coachways was taken over by MTL

Yep that's correct as part of competitive batt

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  October 2016.xlsx (Size: 10.86 KB / Downloads: 43)
.xlsx  January 2017.xlsx (Size: 12.33 KB / Downloads: 17)
.xlsx  March 2017.xlsx (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 11)
.xlsx  March 2017.xlsx (Size: 13.15 KB / Downloads: 6)
.xlsx  July 2017.xlsx (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 17)
.xlsx  Vision Fleet List.xlsx (Size: 13.09 KB / Downloads: 41)
.xlsx  Vision Fleet List.xlsx (Size: 14.36 KB / Downloads: 42)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 12/08/2016 23:08
RE: Vision Bus - ant17612 - 05/08/2020, 14:29
RE: Vision Bus - M60lad - 21/08/2020, 19:40
RE: Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 28/09/2020, 16:32
RE: Vision Bus - Solo40336 - 06/10/2020, 18:33
RE: Vision Bus - ant17612 - 07/10/2020, 12:34
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 14/10/2020, 15:57
RE: Vision Bus - ant17612 - 21/11/2020, 02:01
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 21/11/2020, 09:34
RE: Vision Bus - M60lad - 15/10/2020, 05:41
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 15/10/2020, 12:42
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 15/10/2020, 21:11
RE: Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 21/10/2020, 14:47
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 30/10/2020, 04:47
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 09/04/2021, 04:51
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 09/04/2021, 12:02
RE: Vision Bus - Y458 KNF - 09/04/2021, 12:09
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 09/04/2021, 13:46
RE: Vision Bus - Y458 KNF - 09/04/2021, 14:21
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 09/04/2021, 16:22
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 16/11/2020, 18:14
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 21/12/2020, 22:38
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 20/02/2021, 02:19
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 10/03/2021, 14:44
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 10/03/2021, 15:01
RE: Vision Bus - Transport Couple - 19/02/2021, 11:37
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 19/02/2021, 12:15
RE: Vision Bus - Transport Couple - 19/02/2021, 14:07
RE: Vision Bus - Y458 KNF - 19/02/2021, 14:12
RE: Vision Bus - Transport Couple - 19/02/2021, 17:18
RE: Vision Bus - Y458 KNF - 19/02/2021, 17:47
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 20/02/2021, 02:14
RE: Vision Bus - mikestone - 10/03/2021, 14:59
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 10/03/2021, 16:40
RE: Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 10/03/2021, 21:40
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 10/03/2021, 21:53
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 21/03/2021, 00:17
RE: Vision Bus - jacobxnl - 22/03/2021, 20:29
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 09/04/2021, 04:40
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 09/04/2021, 20:59
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 26/04/2021, 06:16
RE: Vision Bus - casual observer - 26/04/2021, 06:27
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 26/04/2021, 09:47
RE: Vision Bus - AlexBus12 - 01/05/2021, 16:13
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 24/05/2021, 21:41
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 31/05/2021, 23:41
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 04/06/2021, 20:24
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 14/06/2021, 03:14
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 12/06/2021, 00:13
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 14/06/2021, 19:49
RE: Vision Bus - M60lad - 15/06/2021, 05:17
RE: Vision Bus - Nwales Bus - 15/06/2021, 11:27
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 18/06/2021, 01:31
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 18/06/2021, 01:47
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 10/07/2021, 17:38
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 21/07/2021, 05:14
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 21/07/2021, 05:27
RE: Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 21/07/2021, 06:45
RE: Vision Bus - ant17612 - 03/03/2022, 21:57
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 06/03/2022, 03:16
RE: Vision Bus - thomasl1231 - 07/03/2022, 22:07
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 07/03/2022, 22:19
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 22/03/2022, 04:14
RE: Vision Bus - andyrigby2410 - 21/03/2022, 22:06
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 21/03/2022, 22:12
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 22/03/2022, 04:25
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 22/03/2022, 12:14
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 22/03/2022, 21:31
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 23/03/2022, 00:38
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 23/03/2022, 21:43
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 24/03/2022, 18:18
RE: Vision Bus - T42 PVM - 24/02/2023, 11:01
RE: Vision Bus - KXW212 - 25/02/2023, 15:37
RE: Vision Bus - Winston - 06/03/2023, 11:31
RE: Vision Bus - KX03 KYY - 06/03/2023, 14:31
RE: Vision Bus - Jack - 24/02/2023, 20:11
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 24/02/2023, 20:33
RE: Vision Bus - Mayneway - 24/02/2023, 22:47
RE: Vision Bus - Mrboo - 18/04/2023, 11:15
RE: Vision Bus - Guardian - 18/04/2023, 17:53
RE: Vision Bus - Metroline1511 - 26/11/2023, 10:26
RE: Vision Bus - 60301 - 27/11/2023, 03:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)